cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue leaving Plus Net FTTP Trial to go to BT

Philip86
Dabbler

Issue leaving Plus Net FTTP Trial to go to BT

Hi, I’m having issue leaving plus net. My service has been “cancelled” but open reach have not received a cease order from plus net. Plus net have cut off my services and left me in a black hole of not been able to move to a new provider. I had a lot of issues getting the FTTP set up in the first place 18 months ago. Plus net phone teams seem to have little to no knowledge of FTTP.

Someone called @Gandalf  helped me in the past as he seemed to know what the deal was.

Any one from the plus net team able to help?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Issue leaving Plus Net FTTP Trial to go to BT

Thanks for getting in touch @Philip86 I'm sorry to see you're having issues leaving us and that you've decided to. From what I can see when we cancelled your account on the 20th for the same day our system didn't automatically place a cease order with our suppliers, however I can see we've manually placed the cease order this morning.

Unfortunately it takes 5 working days to cease an FTTP service and there isn't anything we or our suppliers can do to speed this up. I've tried in the past, but the answer I was given was that it's simply how long it takes sadly.

I've temporarily re-instated the broadband component on your account, so you'll be able to get back online in the meantime. If you're unable to connect and you're using the Hub One we supplied you, can you factory reset the router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds?

Failing that or if you're using your own router, could you carry out the below steps?

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Advanced Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is on the back of the router
5. Click on 'OK'
6. Click on 'Continue to Advanced Settings'
7. Click on 'Broadband'
8. Click on 'Disconnect' if necessary
9. Enter your broadband username, which is in the format of yourusername@plusdsl.net
10. Enter your broadband password, which is your account password
11. Click on 'Connect'

Once the cease order completes on 02/10/19 before midnight, I'd imagine BT to be able to place a provide order to reactivate the FTTP service within 1 working day as you'll have an ONT at your address already.

Apologies for the inconvenience we've caused. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Issue leaving from FTTP trial

@Philip86 

As it was a Trial few PlusNet staff were trained up in FTTP matters. Gandalf was / is one of them. I'm sure he'll pick this up when he's next on-line (I don't think he is at the moment).

For general information to anyone on FTTP - as far as I'm aware there is no formal migration process set in stone by Ofcom so it is done on a case by case basis.

Just as a matter of interest what does the Address version of he DSLChecker say for you. Enter the post code only and select your address.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Under the results mine says

ONT exists with active service. A spare port is available. A new ONT may be ordered

If your ONT has a spare port you could try asking your new ISP to use that.

Brian

Philip86
Dabbler

@Gandalf thank you again for your help. It goods to know that its finally moving in the direction it needs to after many calls to the support team. Glad I remembered about this forum. Ill check the internet tonight and see if its back on, it has been intermittent since the 20th which also made me think something had not been done correctly. Thanks  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Philip86 No problem and I'm sorry to see the experience you've had. Hopefully you'll be back up and running when you're home although you may need to do a bit of nudging by a factory reset or manually resetting up your router. As a heads up I'm going to be out of the office tomorrow until Tuesday next week but if you need any further assistance feel free to post back and my colleagues will be happy to help in my absence.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet