Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the trial still open?

tenfoot
Dabbler

Is the trial still open?

Hi,
Our road has recently got FTTP - BT's checker (https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/) says it's available for my phone line.
Are plus.net still accepting new customers on the FTTP trial?  I raised a ticket about 3 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything.  The ticket number is 118744768.
Thanks
Rob
41 REPLIES 41
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Is the trial still open?

Hello there. As far as I am aware the trial is still open, however it can take some time for our provisioning team to pick up your ticket as there are only a handful of agents trained in FTTP because unfortunately trials are not their priority. However, I'll pass your ticket over to one my FTTP colleagues tomorrow morning to investigate. I am sorry for this long delay.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello. My colleague in the FTTP team is not in the office at the moment, so I have sent him an email with your ticket number so that he can take a look at it once he is in. I apologise for the delay in our response.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
tenfoot
Dabbler

Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just picked that up myself while I was passing.
Please see ticket 118744768 for more details.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dpevans
Dabbler

Hi,
Our phone line has been recently upgraded to FTTP too, would it be possible to add us to the trial?
Many thanks,
David.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi David,
To apply for the trial please visit Trials.plus.net, if you fill in the information there and let me know you've done it I can get things progressed
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: tenfoot
Hi,
Our road has recently got FTTP - BT's checker (https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/) says it's available for my phone line.

Thanks for that. It even gives the BT cabinet I am served by. Every little helps!
So it isn't the BT cabinet that had been left with the doors swinging open in the rain for weeks. (Recently reported)
Hopefully it isn't even via the BT duct that has been overflowing with water the last few years.
Tomorrow I must go looking for 'my' cabinet. Smiley

[Post resubmitted as "timed out" last time. Sad ]
dpevans
Dabbler

Hi,
I have a few questions regarding the terms and conditions of this trial:
1. My line is currently a standard copper ADSL line, not a FTTC line as a requirement. The reason for this is that I live in a location where only FTTP is available. There is a green box mounted on a telephone pole about 200 metres from my property that looks something like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a_RXnNSxjxU/Va37QYTrGkI/AAAAAAAAAog/zjDQWzTWVjI/s1600/IMG_0048.JPG, is this a problem?
2. Is there any word on how long the trail will go on for? I wouldn't want to sign up for it, get it all up and running all for the trial to end a few weeks later.
Many thanks,
David.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

1. FTTC is not a requirement of the trial, in fact for the vast majority of people who have FTTP , the FTTC is not an available option.  If the checker at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ say "WBC FTTP" available on the top line then FTTP is an option for you.
2. No idea how long it will go on for. I have had my line for nearly 3 years and others for upto 5 years now. As the contract is a rolling monthly thing, you could go elsewhere should Plusnet end it and not offer a retail FTTP product. Alternatively both Zen and BT Retail offer FTTP as a commercial product.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

The green box thing in your photo is a pole mounted splitter, I believe (or possibly a Distribution Point, not sure now  Undecided ). Normally they go in the chambers underground, but I have seen these used more and more around our area. I think they were initially developed for the Cornwall rollout, where underground deployment is difficult because of the narrow streets in many places.
dpevans
Dabbler

Thank you guys for answering my questions.
Darkfire, I have gone ahead and signed up for the trial. My question number is 121166613.
Many thanks,
David.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi David,
Just placed the order for your install, the router is on it's way too, there's more info on the ticket
dpevans
Dabbler

Excellent. Looking forward to great results!  Grin
Many thanks Darkfire,
David.
dpevans
Dabbler

Hi,

Apologies for being impatient and I hate to ask but are there any opportunities for an engineer to complete the second phase of the FTTP installation before the 15th April as previously told? Openreach have already visited us and completed the first stage where live fibre has been brought to the house and a white box has been installed onto the outside wall.
I can fully understand if there is no chance of the second stage being completed any sooner.
Many thanks,
David.
Order reference: 3-136891352991