cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to upgrade from 40/10 to 80/20 despite trial being closed?

DavidP

Is it possible to upgrade from 40/10 to 80/20 despite trial being closed?

Hi, when I moved to my current house (FTTP, with no copper line) just under 2 years ago, Plusnet's FTTP trial was open, so I was able to sign up and therefore stay with plusnet.  Given the choice between 40/10 and 80/20, I chose the former, as coming from DSL I was perfectly happy with that speed.

Now, however, I think I'd quite like the faster speed.  Is it still possible to upgrade despite the trial now being closed to new customers?  If so, am I remembering right that the price difference is £5/month?  Also, how should I go about doing this - I've read things on here about Plusnet's general support staff not understanding the FTTP stuff, and this is not a time I can afford for our connection to get screwed up!

Thanks,

David

3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Is it possible to upgrade from 40/10 to 80/20 despite trial being closed?

Theoretically there are only a couple of changes that need to be made on your account so I don't see why the change (to 80/20) can't be made. I've logged a ticket on your account though where I'll put a longer answer shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Further to my last message, please see my post to your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@DavidP Your post was early May, how did it go? What speeds are you getting now on your 80/20?