cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to join FTTP?

Mantari

Is it possible to join FTTP?

Hi
I have just seen on the BT Broadband Availability Checker against my tel number that FTTP is available:                      FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available
Could I be considered for your FTTP Trial - if so, how would it work please?
Many thanks
M
31 REPLIES 31
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Is it possible to join FTTP?

Hi, unfortunately FTTPoD isn't part of our FTTP trial and WBC FTTP doesn't appear to be available for you so I'm sorry to say that you wouldn't be able to take part in the FTTP trial.
Having said this it does look like FTTC is available on your line with pretty decent speeds, so if you were after the 40/2 or 80/20 speeds it may be worth considering an upgrade to FTTC Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mantari

Thanks for the reply
Im on FTTC but fancied the trial of FTTP
not to worry Ill keep an eye out just in case things change

M
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

For information for anyone browsing, FTTP and FTTC are alternatives. If  BT have provided FTTC in your area they are not going to provide FTTP. FTTPoD is another matter  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

While I do tend to agree with that for the most part, I have seen a couple of areas that have both FTTC and FTTP enabled.
Having said this, it's generally places where the speed estimates on FTTC make it not worth changing from ADSL. I can't remember specifically where it was exactly and it's pretty rare.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
stuclark1975
Grafter

I'm on FTTC at the moment (although getting awful speeds, despite the provisioned service being up to 79.2 Mbps; but I now have FTTPOD enabled as well (no mention of "normal" FTTP)
Will FTTPOD ever be available through PlusNet?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately I couldn't really say. There are no plans for it at the moment and I think the last I heard either BT Wholesale or Openreach had stopped the ordering process for it.
It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't come back.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bart76

Hi,
I am on plusnet adsl with a 280kb/s download speed which is next to useless.. is there any chance of getting on this PN FTTP trial? my line looks capable of WBC FTTP!
Many Thanks
Kevin
ps any ideas why my line with talk talk was 380kb/s compared to PNs 280kb/s... both adsl packages down the same line?Huh
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

By all means, feel free to sign up to the FTTP trial at http://trials.plus.net it looks like it is available for you Smiley
Please note that it can take quite some time from signing up for the trial and getting orders place/completed.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bart76

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply Smiley
I am having problems sending the support ticket request for the trial... it keeps telling me to enter a valid mobile number! reading up it looks like an ongoing prefix issue.. my number starts 074!!
I spoke with online help and they said to come here.
Thanks
Kevin
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: HarryB
By all means, feel free to sign up to the FTTP trial at http://trials.plus.net it looks like it is available for you Smiley
Please note that it can take quite some time from signing up for the trial and getting orders place/completed.

Is that the case even if all the equipment has already been installed? I've moving to a new build at the end of January and the OR modem will already be installed when I move. Also, is it better to request to join the trial and then contact the house moves team, or to request the move and then apply for the trial? (New house will be FTTP only, no copper.)
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I'm on a fairly new development - and it appears that BT decided not to put a FTTC cabinet here but put in the fibre infrastructure so will be all FTTP.
Just unfortunate that they didnt publicise the fact. We used to get letters from Virgin telling us all about their cable network when in fact it wasnt available, so why don't BT do some publicity ?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@bart76 - I believe the tick box/mobile number on that page just make our ticket system automatically select text updates. I'm sorry to hear it's still having problems accepting 074 numbers in there.
Could you try again with the option for mobile updates not selected, and then just add a note in the ticket asking to ensure updates are sent via text. Then whoever picks it up can just manually tick the option to send texts Smiley
@libbyf - Unfortunately with FTTP only areas, it can be a little tricky to get a housemove even set up with our housemoves team. However if the infrastructure is already there and there is already an ONT in the property, it should pretty much be a 1 working day leadtime to get the service active from the point of us placing the order.
Could you drop me a PM closer to the time that you want to get the housemove set up and I'll discuss this with a colleague on the housemoves team for you.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bart76

Cheers for that Harry, I am sure I tried it with the tick box unselected for text message... but it actually sent this time so fingers crossed it doesn't take too long Smiley
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Will do, thanks Harry B.  Grin