cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would love to join the FTTC trials but...

mas

When I check against my Phone number it says nothing about it.
When I check against the postcode it says it's available.
Is there anybody at Plusnet that can get a better indication from BT for me as to if and when, so as I can join the Plusnet FTTC trials.
The cabinets were installed in the area in Jan 2010, just seems to be taking too long for any indication of FTTC.
4 REPLIES 4
ashgeo
Grafter

Re: I would love to join the FTTC trials but...

mas,
You will be unable to join the trail/have an FTTC connection until such time that the BT line checker for your line says that it is available.
PlusNet will not have any information more than that! OpenReach are very secretive and don't tend to release such info.
My FTTC cab was plysically craned into place and cemented into the ground last week and I asked the engineers what the timescales would be before it is 'live' and their reposnse was "...could be a few months more yet as the fibre still needs to be blown through and connected. EDF aso still need to connect a 240V supply. The cab also has to be tested and commisioned". I also asked if they had any dates on their laptops and the replied "...sorry mate, no. They keep that very secret".  My exchange has a RFS date for FTTC 31st March 2010, however as most people have said before take this with a pinch of salt [more like an ocean full of salt!!] as it is only indicative and individual cabs will have thier own RFS date depending on when the various things are connected and commisioned.
The above is very frustrating for all, and especailly for those that are on sub 1 meg downstream like myself. I would kill for a 2meg+ connection!  For those that have no date for FTTC and slow connections it is the ultimate in torture!
Good luck!
George
prichardson
Grafter

Hi Mas, welcome to the forums.
Sometimes there is more than one CAB serving a postcode, so one CABs availability is enough to trigger an indication on a postcode check. The phone number however is more accurate as it will distinguish which CAB you are connected to, thus full availability for the line.
An estimated speed below 5Mbps will also return no data for your line, as this is the minimum a line must get to qualify. With the phone number, I can check on Openreach systems though and see the predicted speed even below 5Mbps. PM me your number and I will have a look, you can do that Here
mas

PM sent, thank you for checking it out for me.
prichardson
Grafter

I have responded to your PM due to the type of information it contains.