cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How end line rental?

Clangers
Dabbler

How end line rental?

I'm on the FTTP trial so no longer have any need for my copper line. I made enquiries through the ticket system to cancel my line rental and move to broadband only (for an additional £2.50 per month I believe) but have been quoted over £300 to cancel my land line despite being out of contract from my previous line rental contract before moving to FTTP. Has my move to the FTTP trial triggered a new 12 month contract so I am liable to these extortionate exit fees? I tried to query the £300 figure but was directed to accounts whom I have no faith in? Has anyone had any similar experience?

6 REPLIES 6
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: How end line rental?

That is absolutely ridiculous. Unfortunately the normal customer services people know nothing about FTTP so are probably totally confused, it would be better to post in the FTTP trial forum where you should get a more sensible response, which would be as you stated, your copper line can be cancelled with no charge and you pay £2.50 a month extra for the FTTP broadband.

Clangers
Dabbler

I tried posting in the FTTP trial forum, but it got moved here by a moderator. 

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Topic moved to Fibre board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry for how this was handled on your ticket.

I've removed the contract from your account now as it shouldn't have been applied when your FTTP order completed.

If you're wanting to remove your phone service, there's two options. We can cease your line and your telephone number, or if you're still wanting your number you'll need to contact a new provider to transfer it out.

Once one of these options has happened, we'll change your account over to Unlimited Fibre Extra (Without Phone) for £22.49 per month.

Let us know on here if you do decide to go ahead and I'll be happy to keep an eye on things for you to make sure nothing happens to your FTTP service once the phone service is removed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Clangers
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf, do I proceed by raising a new ticket? I would prefer to wait about 4 weeks until after the new year (don't want to risk anything going wrong over the hols) so can I specify an exact date to terminate my phone line rental & package?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems.

I'd raise a ticket myself that you'd respond to confirming you're happy with it.

When you've responded, we can cease the line in as little as 1 working day and provide a pro-rata refund of line rental.

As long as we check your account when the line is ceased, to close any unwanted automatic tickets (which may lead to a full account closure), nothing should happen to your FTTP service.

Let us know when you want to go ahead.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet