cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I assist with the installation of FTTP (I live in a flat and have signed up to the trial)

FIXED
SJP
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: How can I assist with the installation of FTTP (I live in a flat and have signed up to the trial

Hi Brian

I have the temp setup sorted for my preferred location, there is space and power.  I also have an alternate location in mind too.  I have no intention of making anything permanent until we are live on the fibre.

I've seen neighbours installations, 2 neat, 1 messy... I'm sure I will be able to 'manage' the chaps on the day (tea and biscuits always help).

I have the new SSID and passwords on the new router.  I may well log-in and change both once all is stable.

Just waiting now for the 5th.

Steve

SJP
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: How can I assist with the installation of FTTP (I live in a flat and have signed up to the trial

Fix

Well installation day came and... couldn't have been easier!  

The BT engineer (Keith) had all his own keys to our cupboards on the landing (and in the basement).  We had a chat about the pavement of equipment and was happy with my ideas.  He did a super neat job inside and outside the flat.  As I was interested he showed me how they splice the fibre cable... by the time we walked back into the flat the router had it's config and was online!  70+ Mb download and 20 Mb upload...

10/10 - I couldn't be happier.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Glad to hear things went well. A good engineer doesn't half make a difference!!!

You can now get on with any other cabling needs.

Brian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steve. Great to hear your FTTP install went really well 😀 If you'd like to give the engineer some positive feedback, you can use this form to get your message to the right person: https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0a0e0c