cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House not showing as eligible for full fibre even tho its there? Open Reach Data Integrity Issue??

FIXED
Iaintgotnofttp

House not showing as eligible for full fibre even tho its there? Open Reach Data Integrity Issue??

Hi,

So fibre has recently been installed in my hometown, and down my street, I watched them do it. 

Called up to upgrade and apparently my house is not able to receive fibre, funnily enough after I put the phone down I had the BT rep door knocking to let everyone know about the new fibre and to sell upgrades and he confirmed my house cant receive it, the semi next door can, my neighbour over the road even bought 100mb deal off him.

Now this must be a database issue at Openreach as I have checked every other house within a radius around me and they can all receive it. 

Having looked on the forum it would seem that the best approach would be fore someone at Plusnet to get Openreach to pull their finger out and double check it as something must be wrong with their info, so I assume this must be a  Open Reach Data Integrity Issue, someone didn't tick a box or something like that.

I've tried to explain this via online chat and over the phone to the plusnet reps but I just get "you can't receive it, would you like the faster fibre?"   And no helpful info as how to proceed.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get this resolved ?

Many thanks

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: House not showing as eligible for full fibre even tho its there? Open Reach Data Integrity Issue

Fix
Iaintgotnofttp

Re: House not showing as eligible for full fibre even tho its there? Open Reach Data Integrity Issue

its worth a go, I've filled it in.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This is the second identical scenario seen on the forums this year; one house is not listed as having the service available, whilst every surrounding property is.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Iaintgotnofttp 

It sounds like an OR database issue. See what OR say first and then post back.If not solved a staffie might be able to chase it uo for you.

Brian

Iaintgotnofttp

Had a response from OR  so hopefully will be sorted soon, much appreciated!

"Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband. 

I have looked into this and the fibre network has been built in your area but there is an error in our records which is preventing you from placing an order. I’m now in the process of correcting this for you.

I need to associate your address to the nearby fibre equipment. It will take us about a week to complete this and you should then be able to place an order. I will update you as soon as our systems reflect this.  

I’ve got all of your details, so shouldn’t need anything else before coming back to you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime."