Hello and Moving from BT - ADSL -> PN FTTP

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Hello and Moving from BT - ADSL -> PN FTTP

Hey Phil.

Thanks for the update.

@HarryB's off today, it's his turn to keep a watch over here this weekend. Smiley

He'll update you when he can. Fingers crossed this gets sorted soon!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
The_Dreamer
Grafter

@Gandalf

Wait, what the!!! You guys get ‘days off’? It’s an outrage, it’s a scandal I tell you - in my best Mr Dursley voice!

Are you sure he hasn’t just called in sick, after his dealings with me? Cool_smiley I would have. I’m not sure I have the patience to deal with the public as you chaps do. I doff my cap to you all!

I’ll be pretty busy over the weekend anyway, and then out of the country for a few days - but don’t worry @HarryB, the beauty of the Internet means I’m never more than a keyboard away! Grin Hope you have a quiet weekend! Thumbs_Up

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Wait, what the!!! You guys get ‘days off’? It’s an outrage, it’s a scandal I tell you - in my best Mr Dursley voice!

Unfortunately so. If it were up to me, we'd be working 24/7 with no breaks. Cheesy

Are you sure he hasn’t just called in sick, after his dealings with me? Cool smiley I would have. 

It's always a possibility... Tongue

I’ll be pretty busy over the weekend anyway, and then out of the country for a few days - but don’t worry @HarryB, the beauty of the Internet means I’m never more than a keyboard away! Grin Hope you have a quiet weekend! Thumbs Up

Enjoy your holiday (Unless it's a work trip? In which case I hope you try to enjoy it)

I'm sure Harry will enjoy his weekend in. Grin

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
The_Dreamer
Grafter

Enjoy your holiday (Unless it's a work trip? In which case I hope you try to enjoy it)

I'll do my best. This one should be sweet as I'm only working one way - I get to put my feet up on the way back, so may make good use of the wine menu! Cool

I'm sure Harry will enjoy his weekend in. Grin

If it's any consolation to him, I'll be sat in the middle of a lake, trying not to get zapped by lightning Crazy3 I don't fancy my chances. If he doesn't hear from me next week, you can draw your own conclusions.... Laugh 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I get to put my feet up on the way back, so may make good use of the wine menu! Cool

That's always a sign of a good trip!

If it's any consolation to him, I'll be sat in the middle of a lake, trying not to get zapped by lightning Crazy3 I don't fancy my chances. If he doesn't hear from me next week, you can draw your own conclusions.... Laugh

Godspeed. Cool_smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
The_Dreamer
Grafter

Godspeed. Cool smiley

We're good - but not that good! Wink

The_Dreamer
Grafter

@HarryB

Things are progressing....

I got a phone call from the OR engineers today - trying to find our house.

The directions I gave must have worked, as my wife says they’re now there, and doing the external work now!

I’m guessing the internal work appointment will be later this week, between my trips away?

Thanks for your efforts in all this.

Phil

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I actually received an email from our suppliers this morning regarding your order advising an engineer was going out to check the external stuff today. We're not quite at a stage for confirming an appointment for the internal fit but I'm expecting further updates tomorrow on this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
The_Dreamer
Grafter

Morning @HarryB!

Thanks for the update. I’m actually back in the country already, - should get home this evening - so am around all of this week - in fact should be around until the 8th August now, so anytime before then would be great - though obviously the sooner the better, to make sure everything is working before I go away again.

cheers,

Phil

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

so am around all of this week

That's good to know, I've provided an update via your account for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
The_Dreamer
Grafter

@HarryB

Brilliant!

Message received. Fingers crossed!

The_Dreamer
Grafter

@HarryB,

Hi Harry!

Well, by now, I guess you've read my updated ticket.

FTTP was installed, and all up and running this morning - first speed tests indicated around 77Mbs down and 19Mbs up - so not too shabby.

After 1/2 an hour or so though - it went to 0/0.

Red LOS light on the ONT - and no internet.

You're right about the other support staff - they really aren't familiar - at all - with the FTTP product. So I spent over 50 minutes (mostly on hold) on the phone, only to be told that the FTTP team weren't available.

I see they've raised a separate ticket.

But, if we could just have our green light back on - all would be good!

Thanks - again!

Phil

PS At least I've managed to get my ADSL back up and running - so I no longer need to go into the garden, waving my phone in the air, to get a spot of 3G to get on-line!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @The_Dreamer,

I've actually been in a meeting all morning from 9am-12:30pm.

I'm just having a look over it now and I'll respond via the ticket shortly. I've also closed the new ticket that was raised as there's no reason for me to move this away from the ticket I already have open regarding your FTTP service.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
The_Dreamer
Grafter

@HarryB

Hi Harry,

thanks for calling a little while back.

Steve, the OR engineer, had another appointment in a neighbouring village just a few miles away, so dropped in on his way past. Found, and fixed, the problem - the fibre itself had been cut too short inside the connector to the ONT box - apparently a rare occurrence - albeit, not unheard of. The jig they use to make the cut etc. should prevent it.

Anyway, back up and running - so all is good again.

76+ Download and 19+ Upload.

Again, thanks.

Phil

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that's been sorted so quickly. I've closed the fault report for this now and everything is as it should be on your account (Although your broadband package won't officially change to fibre until your next billing date)

I've sent the ticket on your account back to you as I don't believe there's anything further for me to do now and that will close automatically after 14 days, however as per my response on the ticket, do feel free to respond there or here in the meantime if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet