cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halved speed…

Creed01

Halved speed…

I just wanted to have agreed internet plan which all parties would be fine adhering to, turns out this isn’t the case. After agreeing to a full fiber 145 for a reasonable fee, a few weeks went by and it was quality. 

however. It turns out my Estimated download speed: 145 - 160Mbps is more like 70mbps, now people. Im all for a little sway each way. This is more like flipping the boat over in a riptide…can I at least have an answer as to why my speed is nearly halved?

Thanks I guess. 

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 268

Re: Halved speed…

@Creed01 This is probably a BT/OR network problem, especially if it has suddenly happened. Unfortunately, I can't offer an explanation or solution, but I have asked for the topic to be moved to the Full fibre board, where someone may be able to help.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

What makes you think it has?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Full Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 53

@Creed01 

With Full Fibre you should get close to the advertised speed over a wired connection.

If you're not getting said speed then there's a network / account problem somewhere.

Brian

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 100

Hey there @Creed01 and a warm welcome to the forum.

There is an issue on VLAN according to the tests so I have raised this over to OR and they should fix it within 72 hours but I will keep an eye on it for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team