Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre 300 speed locked at 75mbits down

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Full fibre 300 speed locked at 75mbits down

Morning all, 

Just had my upgrade to Full Fibre 300 and it looks like my down speed is capped at 75mbits. My previous line profile was around that so I'm hoping it's something that needs to be updated on plusnets end. I do have a static IP if that is a factor here at all?

Any info would be great

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Full fibre 300 speed locked at 75mbits down

Just had my upgrade to Full Fibre 300

@sw4mpl0rd  is that just as in today ?

If so then its probably that the account change hasn't completed in all the Plusnet system yet, and so the old profile still remains active. Since you have a static IP it will be limiting the speed. The account change should fully complete later today but you may need to reboot the router to activate the new profile

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Yeah, it was today. I'll give it a reboot this evening and see how it goes.

Cheers for the speedy response. 

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Quick update:

We're up to around 160 - 180 so we're making some progress. Still a fair bit off what I'd expect though...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Sounds like the account change has completed otherwise it would still be stuck at 75.

Speedtest Wired or wireless ?

and which speed tester ?

A number of us with high speed FTTP have found the BT wholesale one very variable . Try https://www.speedtest.net/ , we've found that more consistent

Oh & are you using the PlusNet Hub 2 or your own router ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Its looking pretty good on both wired and wireless now...  300 on wired and 210 wireless on speedtest.net (this was what I was using before)

I guess we're all good!

It was on the Hub 2 by the way

thanks!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That's looking better.