cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre Broadband

martincal

Full Fibre Broadband

Salisbury has recently been cabled for Full Fibre (the whole city). I think this rollout is almost complete. Like other messages I saw on this forum from earlier in 2020 and 2019, I'm wanting to change to a Full Fibre product and will have to leave Plusnet eventually  if it continues not to offer it. It is offered in Salisbury by BT (parent company of Plusnet) and a company called Giganet - I'm sure there are others. I would like to stay with Plusnet if possible. as it has been fairly reliable, but will have to leave if it does not upgrade.  Does anyone know what the position is now - I'm anxious to get a reply from Plusnet, and it seems the only way is to post to this forum?  

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Full Fibre Broadband

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Everything Else to FTTP Trial.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@martincal 

Such an announcement would not be released through this forum. All that you will get is ‘we currently have nothing to tell you’.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@martincal 

You'll not hear anything from PlusNet until (or unless!!!) they decide to launch a FTTP product.

What is known is that PlusNet will need to re-write their back office systems to cope with FTTP. There have been no rumours that I'm aware of of this happening.

If BT FTTP is available to you then any ISP that uses the OpenReach network and offers FTTP is available eg Zen Internet.

Brian

martincal

Thanks. This is helpful.