cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre 900 Line profile doesn't look correct.

JPYDX
Dabbler

Full Fibre 900 Line profile doesn't look correct.

Hi all,

I have spoken to telephone support but unfortunately my query wasnt understood too well.

I recently uplifted from Full Fibre 500 to 900.

My upload speed is hitting upto 110Mbps now, which seems to be hitting the line profile for the 900Mbps services.

But the download is still around 400/450Mbps - which seems identical to the speeds I was getting on the 500 package.

I use my own router. I have done all the usual tests of taking WiFi out of the question and even to the point of connecting myself into the ONT and doing PPOE dialup from my laptop.

Anyone able to help here with checking my line rate?

21 REPLIES 21
JPYDX
Dabbler

Re: Full Fibre 900 Line profile doesn't look correct.

After reviewing the forum, I do think a DLM reset would probably sort this if anyone could help Sad 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

If you’re doing your tests wireless 400/500 is about right.
You’d need a wired connection to hit the higher speeds
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JPYDX
Dabbler

As mentioned above, sorry if it wasn't clear.

I am doing wired test. I have completely bypassed the router and patched myself directly into the ONT on 2 separate devices.

The line profile isn't right - I just know that simply without being too pedantic.

If anyone internally could perform a line profile reset, I would be much appreciated Smiley 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from  Broadband to Full Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

DLM isn't used on Full Fibre.  Do you have a static or dynamic IP address?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JPYDX
Dabbler

Static.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

If you login to the member centre , what does this https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband say for Current Line Speed ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JPYDX
Dabbler

• Product:  Full Fibre 900
  • Estimated Download Range:  900 - 1000Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range:  104 - 115Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed:  500Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download):  1000Mbps

This is 1 example of a speed test with me connected directly into the ONT. See attached.

For avoidance of any doubt, being connected directly into the router brings same results pretty much - but I wanted to rule out any cabling/port/router issues that could be affecting speed.

Upload profile has definitely changed as I can see the increase. Downloads are very similar to when I was on Full Fibre 500 - which raised the suspicion as above.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

That shouldn't be any profiles on the Plusnet or Openreach side then.  Are you connected to a VPN of any kind or going through a proxy?  My (high spec) work laptophas zScaler installed which forces all traffic through their proxies, which ultimately means from that I can only get speedtests of 300-350ish.  Other, older laptops which aren't from my work can max out my line without a problem.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

Everything looks fine there.

Have you tried the CLI version of speedtest.net https://www.speedtest.net/apps/cli ? I've seen some strange results with the browser based tests

JPYDX
Dabbler

Tried variety of devices. No VPN's. Passing through a Fortinet 100F appliance that terminates the PPOE connection.

I have put the original Plusnet router in and still the exact same pretty much albeit slower.

Just a little concerned I am not hitting the minimum download speed expected for the service.

JPYDX
Dabbler

Will give it a go - good shout. Ill be intrigued.

FYI - BT Wholesale tests are terrible. I did this whilst directly connected into the ONT and the results are far worse lol.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

fwiw, could it be packet loss?

Enable ping on the Plusnet or other router and set up a BQM graph.  

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality 

The live graph can take up to half an hour to update.

I presume you have tried different ethernet cables.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

If it was a cable issue then the link on the dodgy cable would only be negotiated at 100mbs, so the speed tests wouldn't be as high as are being seen