cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre 145 install and price issues

asm46598
Dabbler

Re: Full Fibre 145 install and price issues

Latest update: OR have to dig up the road to fix the problem, currently expecting to complete work by 25 Aug.

Coincidentally a neighbour a few houses away was having her talktalk free upgrade fibre installed this morning, of course it doesn't work but at least she still has her copper wire.

I'm surprised BT, Plusnet, Sky and TalkTalk are still advertising that our area has full fibre.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the updates!

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
asm46598
Dabbler

Good news, an OR engineer knocked on my door this morning and told me it should be fixed, and it is now working fine. Apparently someone had messed up some cabling in a junction box or splitter (can't remember exactly what he said). There were 3 households on my street affected.

When I told him about the update from OR saying they had to dig up the road he said he had no idea where those updates come from.

Anyhow all working now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sounds like an ordeal but glad that the engineers got it sorted!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mark63
Rising Star

@asm46598 wrote:

Good news, an OR engineer knocked on my door this morning and told me it should be fixed, and it is now working fine. Apparently someone had messed up some cabling in a junction box or splitter (can't remember exactly what he said). There were 3 households on my street affected.

When I told him about the update from OR saying they had to dig up the road he said he had no idea where those updates come from.

'Gotta Dig The Road Up' is often a standard Openreach stock answer as a holding pattern.

My in-laws were once told that when their line went dead. The first engineer had spent all morning faffing about, unable to find and fix the fault. They were given the 'Dig Up' line and told they'd have to wait for a few weeks. Then the next day another engineer turned up, and within 10 mins had found a duff 'jellybean' crimp in their outside junction box.