Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For attn of Dave: Drop phone line

Jaric
Dabbler

For attn of Dave: Drop phone line

Hello,
I raised a ticket with a question 2 weeks ago but I guess PN don't monitor those tickets.

• Firstly, I'd like to drop my line rental with BT but not lose my FTTP trial package with PN. How can this be achieved?

• Secondly, I'd like to upgrade my package to an unlimited package and retain my 100/30 trial speed. Is this possible?

Thanks
P.S. I'm aware from other threads that it's certainly possible to drop the phone line. I'm after specific advice on how to go about notifying PN in preparation for this happening without an interruption to my FTTP service.
21 REPLIES 21
Jaric
Dabbler

Re: For attn of Dave: Drop phone line

Hello,
Can someone from PN respond to this and help me?
I marked it for the attention off Dave but perhaps there are other CS staff who can action this for me.
I've been waiting for 2 weeks+ now for a response.
Thanks.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Matthew Wheeler is always very helpful regarding FTTP you can try giving him a nudge in private message
Jaric
Dabbler

Quote from: buntrob
Matthew Wheeler is always very helpful regarding FTTP you can try giving him a nudge in private message

Thanks for the reply.
I tried Matthew Wheeler but after a week he's no more responsive than anyone else on this forum.
I spoke to the CS team on the phone and they tried upgrading me to an unlimited package but they couldn't apply my FTTP profile speed of 100/30 (or is that 20?).
In fact the chap on the phone suggested PMing Matthew for help too.
Not sure what else to do. I've been trying to for a month to even get an acknowledgement to my request.
AndyH
Grafter

Does the extra 15Mbps make any difference though on the download speed?
For me, it would be much more worth getting unlimited than losing 15Mbps.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Have you tried MelRocks? I see she just removed line rental for someone else less than 10 mins ago!  Agree it's very annoying that you need to go round chasing and begging staff for support
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm sorry for the delay in replying to you. I can confirm that we can remove the phone line on FTTP products, but please be aware that the cost would increase by £2.50.
Also I can transfer you to the Unlimited from your next billing date. Just let me know if this is something you wish to do and I'll get it arranged for you. Thanks.
Jaric
Dabbler

Hi MelRocks, yes I'd like to transfer to Unlimited from my next billing date. Please proceed!
Thanks.
dick:quote
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
No problem, I can arrange that.
I've placed a note on your account saying do not cease if phone line removed with BT as line not required on FTTP.
In terms of the Unlimited you can have this at £12.49 per month on a new 12 month contract or £14.99 per month on a no contract option, which would you prefer this to be changed to? Thanks.
Jaric
Dabbler

Hi,
£12.49 per month on a new 12 month contract, please.
Can you confirm that all else will stay the same? Line speed etc.
Thanks for your help on both these issues, it's much appreciated.
Jaric
Dabbler

Hi MelRocks,
Did the new contract order go through? I can't see any change on my account and my billing date (27/11) has passed since we last spoke.
Thanks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Jaric, apologies for the delayed response and for the fact that this wasn't put through prior to your billing date.
Leave this with me and I'll get it sorted shortly for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Jaric
Dabbler

Thanks, HarryB, it seems to have gone through now.
Can you explain the significance of the billing date?
Will the unlimited downloads be effective immediately and the new charge pro-rated for the remainder of the month?
Or, will I have to wait until my next billing date for the unlimited downloads and the new charge to apply?
Thanks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

When a package change is put through, it won't take effect until the next billing date.
However as this had been offered and agreed in advance of this, I arranged for the change to be forced through as we'd not picked up your response in time.
Unlimited downloads are effective immediately and the new price will come in to effect from your next billing date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Jaric
Dabbler

That's brilliant service. Thanks for doing that for me.  Smiley