Did you mean: 

Fibre availability checker showing cabs

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Fibre availability checker showing cabs

http://staging.trefor.net/tech-pages/availability-checker/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
8 REPLIES 8
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Fibre availability checker showing cabs

Interesting - there's a cabinet shown at our  postcode and provisional date is 31st December 2010 Smiley
I noticed a new cabinet beside the old cabinet we're connected to so assume that would be the No: 23 referred to.
James
Grafter

Cabinet is a few doors down the road from us.  Exchange has RFS date of 31/12, but Dave's said that we're taking orders on it already.
Although there's no date currently on our cab.
nadger
Rising Star

Obviously I'd like to get on the trial so hopefully it'll still be running when cabinet activated.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Important to note that a postcode can be served by more than 1 cab so the data isn't a guarantee of availability.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: nadger
Interesting - there's a cabinet shown at our  postcode and provisional date is 31st December 2010 Smiley

From what I read elsewhere the site shows a cabinet for your postcode, and gives the number of the cabinet that serves many code. You need to find the cab that has that number on it..
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Bruce47
Grafter

Quote from: dave
Important to note that a postcode can be served by more than 1 cab so the data isn't a guarantee of availability.
I've just noticed that half my street aren't just on a different cabinet, they are on a different exchange.  My end of the street is Bristol West, other end is Bristol North.
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: lucerne
From what I read elsewhere the site shows a cabinet for your postcode, and gives the number of the cabinet that serves many code. You need to find the cab that has that number on it..

I can confirm that – not from any technical knowledge, but from the fact that the cabinet images for my local area line up to postcodes rather than the actual physical cabinets, and also that several different cabinet images all bear the same number (as multiple postcodes are served by one cab).
JasonE
Grafter

There is a new enabled cabinet right opposite my house, 50 metres if that......  yet Mr. Openreach says MY cabinet is quater of a mile up the road  Sad
Only a 2mbps loss though  Wink