cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed stuck at ADSL Speed Cap after reboot

azahtc

Fibre Speed stuck at ADSL Speed Cap after reboot

Hi,
My download speed is stuck at (3.5mbs) which I know is caused by the ADSL speed profile that was in place before I got FTTP installed through the trial service last year. I should be on (80mbs) Down. My upload has not changed and continues to be at (20mbs) due to you not have caps on it.

This was an issue when I got FTTP first installed. But have not had a problem until now. If you could check the speed profile again and correct it that be great.

If this could be sorted asap its hard working with only 3.5mbs instead of 80mbs and is really holding me back with work I need to do.

Note: This is all tested with an Ethernet connection and no other devices connected.

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Fibre Speed stuck at ADSL Speed Cap after reboot

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems.

Can you reboot your router and let us know how your speed looks?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
azahtc

I have restarted my router and it looks like am now getting 74mbs down after multiple tests.

Thanks

Any idea what caused this to happen? My router has been rebooted at least once every 3/5 months and its never done it before.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear your speeds have now improved.

I'm not entirely sure what caused the speed profile to drop back down. It might have been a delayed speed update we received from our suppliers from the days when you had ADSL.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but please let us know if you do have any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet