Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling unloved :(

gunsmoke
Grafter

Feeling unloved :(

Hi
Its been about a month and a half since I last heard anything about my FTTP order (other than "returned to trials team" and "next action due" type emails)
I'd really like to find out what's happening and when its going to happen please
Thanks
GunSmoke
3 REPLIES 3
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Feeling unloved :(

Latest rumours in Caldecote are that BT have been overwhelmed with orders from Cambourne on the next exchange along. Someone collared a couple of BT engineers up by the garage recently, they said that as far as they were concerned the remaining connection problems identified during commissioning were sorted weeks ago, but the remaining PON covering most of Caldecote has still not been released
gunsmoke
Grafter

Hi Beeceegee - If this is the person I think it is,  welcome to PN!
Looking at the mess that Cambourne has become, I'm glad I dont live there.  All this nonsense about when the house was occupied is just stupid
I have been checking Caldicote on a regular basis too.  Apparently there is no reason why it hasnt been released.
A couple of others in Hardwick have had emails from BT about delays due to demand into Feb. Sad
I've not had anything like that.  I've not had anything at all for a good while now Sad

GunSmoke
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Yes it's me (I think!) - we "met" over on TBB. Joined PN as previous ISP was going to be too expensive for fttp. All indications were that it would be available by Xmas, unfortunately nobody thought to ask which year  Sad
Just been reading the Cambourne forum, looks like a real can of worms over there. I think BT should stop faffing round there and concentrate on Madingley exchange. BT tell us there are "a couple of hundred" properties which will require an "aerial solution" which is still being trialled in Cornwall and therefore won't be available even when the final PON is released. BT say this is a "small number", but it is nearly 10% of the exchange connections and nobody can work out where they are, and BT won't tell us.
Very frustrating as there are households a few hundred yards north and south of us who are up and running  Angry