Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTPoD

Melancholie
Grafter

FTTPoD

Hi All,
Have you guys made any further decisions on FTTPoD or is it something you're giving a miss for now?
14 REPLIES 14
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTPoD

Hi,
We've been doing it as a trial since it started but the pricing is very much bespoke. Base install is going to be at least £1k and monthly rental about £200 with a 3 year contract. We've not set the exact figures as we're waiting for BTW to confirm the new prices after the price changes from Openreach last month. If there is interest then we can order it but at the moment it's just going to be a low key trial.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Melancholie
Grafter

Checked the install; at current prices around the 2.5k mark including VAT for me. The monthly fee was the more interesting bit.
Melancholie
Grafter

Dave,
Am I right in thinking that without actually ordering you've no way of finding out where the AN serving a property is?
PLan
Grafter

If it's any help BT stated(regarding FTTPoD) -
...Premises are on average around 500m away from an NGA Aggregation Node...

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: Melancholie
Am I right in thinking that without actually ordering you've no way of finding out where the AN serving a property is?

We can check which distance band you fall into if you can get FTTPoD without placing an order and therefore give you an estimated install cost. That doesn't take into account any excess construction costs which can only be calculated by placing an order. Looks like you fall into band F which under the new pricing is £750+VAT install and distance based charge of £4375+VAT.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Melancholie
Grafter

Thanks Dave, evidently the AN isn't where I thought it was!
Regardless false alarm, FTTPoD isn't available to this address yet the checker was wrong. Thank you for checking up on this for me.
mrcoyote
Dabbler

Sorry to drop in on this, but how do you find out what band you're in and so the potential cost?  Apparently my exchange is enabled...
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can check the ordering system, unfortunately it's not good news, you're in band H which has a distance based charge of £8750+VAT and an install fee of £750+VAT plus there could be excess construction charges.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
acarneiro
Grafter

Jesus Christ on a bike!
Am I the only person to think that those figures are ludicrous?
Melancholie
Grafter

Quote from: acarneiro
Jesus Christ on a bike!
Am I the only person to think that those figures are ludicrous?

The install fee is ouch, however for me it's that after paying that there's a big monthly fee on top that's the killer.
Even if Plusnet supplied the service to you at cost price, and charged you only what their supplier charged them you're looking at £168 a month. Again that's with Plusnet charging you nothing just passing costs on. To me that is ludicrous, especially noting that without it being 'on demand' the monthly fee would about 1/3rd that.
Jonme

Hello Dave, do plusnet offer fttpod in any way, as i cant find anybody who provides it. Is it part of the fttp trial?

libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

WBC FTTP only on the trial.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Jonme.

Unfortunately we don't provide FTTPoD on the fibre trials. As @libbyf has said, our FTTP trial only currently covers WBC FTTP.

I'm not sure any providers (Or openreach for that matter) still provision FTTPoD.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Jonme

It is available in certain areas by a few suppliers http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php/34344-FTTPoD-Information-for-you

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT