cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP

FIXED
Biggydoug1

FTTP

Hi at the moment I have fttp from bt I wondering how I would go about switching to plus net as every time I put my post code and number in it says I can only have normal broadband at 1 meg.
4 REPLIES 4
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: FTTP

Try putting a message in the trial section of the forum or PM @bobpullen

Plusnet doesn't sell FTTP online yet so anyone that cant get FTTC will not see a fibre package on the sales journeys, but quite a few people have been set up on a trial basis.

The trial largely means its hand ordered, but also doesn't yet support TV, so if you want the TV solution you might want to stay with BT for now.

I think bob said in another thread he was away all this week so may need to wait a few days for a reply.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Fix

Normally you must be an existing Plusnet broadband customer (on ADSL). Or join as such and then move over to the trial.

And Plusnet only offer 2 speeds for FTTP, 40Mbps down/2Mbps up or 80Mbps down/20Mbps up. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Tags (1)
Biggydoug1

Yeah I'm not to fussed about the TV as I have sky anyway it's more about the cost vs bt as I'm all ready with fttp with bt but they are increasing the price
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Biggydoug1.

Unfortunately as FTTP is currently only offered on a trial basis to existing customers as @SpendLessTime has said, so the easiest way to get around this would be to sign up on ADSL if this is available and then join the trial via http://trials.plus.net

There's a thread Here that may answer some questions regarding this matter.

I hope this helps Smiley

P.S. @MrSilver

@MrSilver wrote:

Try putting a message in the trial section of the forum or PM @bobpullen

To be honest, I'm not sure FTTP is Bob's area (Especially in regards to getting the orders placed etc.)

At the moment the main points of contact in the forum for FTTP stuff would likely be myself and @MattyC as we both did lots of this back when we were on Prov.

I believe @Darkfire also did some of this during his time on Prov, but the forums aren't part of his main job role.

Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet