cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP without ADSL

pohleonguk

FTTP without ADSL

Hello,

I am currently with BT on their FTTP service, I would like to migrate to the Plusnet trial but my house is only wired up for FTTP and I can't get a standard ADSL product to become a Plusnet customer first. Is there a way to migrate if all I have is an FTTP connection?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FTTP without ADSL

@pohleonguk - I am curious (OK being nosey) to know why you would want to move from one provider to another. If my understanding is correct as regards the Plusnet FTTP offering it is capped at 80/20 just like the fibre product. If you are (or can) get up to 330 with BT then I would be staying due to the huge difference in speed.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

possibly because the wholesale charge for 330 is £38 per month

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

BT retail price for Infinity 4 (They quote up to 300Mb) is £59.99 a month including line rental.

As for the OP's question, the strange conditions of the trial will almost certainly prevent you from getting FTTP from PlusNet, they insist you have to be an existing broadband customer which if you are only able to get FTTP makes it impossible.Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oldjim - Maybe it's just me but I'd have no issues paying that price for that speed. Working from home there never seems to be enough capacity, which is why I have two lines!

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

horses for courses but for a normal average user 80/20 is more than adequate

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @pohleonguk

Unfortunately the FTTP trial is currently only open to existing customers. If you live in an FTTP only area, I'm sorry to say we wouldn't be able to sign you up an account.

Hopefully this changes in future if/when FTTP is offered as an option as opposed to just being a trial, however I wouldn't be able to say when this may be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet