Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP trial

FIXED
Ciaranmck
Dabbler

FTTP trial

FTTP is now available for my home. I am currently not a plusnet BroadBand customer but was thinking of moving. Is there a time limit of how long to wait for trial?
4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: FTTP trial

What does the DSL Checker say for your line?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

You need to be a PlusNet customer before you apply for the Trial. After that it's basically however long the wait is for an Engineer to be available.

Brian

Ciaranmck
Dabbler

See screenshot attached. I spoke to someone in live chat and was told that FTTP trial was no longer available anywhere. Can someone please clarify?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Fix

The link to the FTTP trial can be found here for use once you are a Plusnet broadband customer.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Because it's a Trial the PlusNet FTTP service is not integrated with their back office systems. Call and Live Chat staff tend to know little if anything about FTTP. If you sign up you can't get PlusNet TV but you can get the BT Sport App.

This is the only place for support. Hopefully a FTTP trained staff member will pick this thread up and advise on your options.

If you do get FTTP then the DSL results are showing it's a "1 stage" install which basically means its should be done on one visit. However, your Under Ground duct has not been evaluated so there's always the possibility of a blockage or some other problem running the fibre.

Brian