Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP - poor speed

FIXED
PA198759
Hooked

FTTP - poor speed

Hi there, 

I'm suffering from the same issue many others on this forum appear to be suffering from, low FTTP speed. FTTP was installed yesterday and I've subscribed to the 80mbps down/20mbps up package - unfortunately and confirmed via speed tests from a range of sites, i'm only receiving 19mbs down/19mbps up. This is based on access via wifi, not a wired connection as I'm accessing via a macbook air or TV streamer so cannot vouch whether the issue is only present on wifi. 

@Gandalf, I see you're the person to ask for support on this matter and wondered whether I could ask you to quickly check if this is a simple issue with my profile being wrong and throttling the speed or if it relates to something else that requires engineer support?

Thanks for your help with this.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTP - poor speed

Fix

*Waves staff in a circular motion*

Is it fixed yet?

Joking aside. Welcome to the community forums @PA198759

I've just changed your account type on our side over to fibre following completion of your FTTP order.

Let me know if you have any issues at all. EDIT: Might need to reboot your router.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PA198759
Hooked

Thanks for your quick reply - your magic staff appears to have done the trick (combined with a reboot of the router). Thanks again for your help with this, much appreciated. 

PA198759
Hooked

Sorry, I spoke too soon. It worked fine for about five minutes after the reboot but has now dropped back to a download speed, only marginally better than I received under the old ADSL contract. Strangely the upload speed has remained fairly consistent though - i'm getting 12mbps down/20mbps up. 

Please could you see what else you can do from your end? I realise wifi can be patchy but I'm struggling to account for why it worked fine for five minutes, then regressed, but only on the download side, not upload. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've given your account a prod.

Can you reboot your router and let us know how your speed looks?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PA198759
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf, it appears to be working better now. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that!

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet