Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP offered by other ISPs but not Plusnet

FIXED
christianpjones
Rising Star

FTTP offered by other ISPs but not Plusnet

My contract is due for renewal next month. Over the last few weeks, I've had a load of marketing leaflets and emails from ISPs offering me FTTP. I've contacted a couple of them and they've assured me that the appropriate surveys have been done and FTTP is actually available at my address.

However, when I look at the upgrade options available through the Plusnet portal, I'm only offered the same package that I currently have: Unlimited Fibre Extra 64 - 72Mb.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason why Plusnet aren't offering me FTTP when other ISPs are? 🤔

10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: FTTP offered by other ISPs but not Plusnet

Fix

PN are reliant on Openreach FTTP - check if you can get it here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you can the only way to order FTTP currently is to call Customer Options.

Details for Customer options team are on this page https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/
0800 013 2632

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
christianpjones
Rising Star

Thank you, @dvorak.

This is the result of the search:

1.jpg

So it is definitely available. I'm surprised it isn't mentioned anywhere in the renewal options.

Thanks again for your help. 👍

dvorak

Quite, but give them a call and they should sort you out Smiley
The only caveat is that you will lose your landline number, if that's an issue then your only option (currently) would be to migrate away.
Customer / Moderator
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@christianpjones 

PlusNet currently only offer FTTP to existing customers. The website isn't ready yet. If you check your upgrade options online it says the page isn't available and to contact Custoner Options who will tell you about FTTP.

As mentioned, it's Internet only - you lose your landlaine and Phone NUMBER. You cannot "port" your number out to a VOIP provider.

Brian

christianpjones
Rising Star

Thanks, @bmc.

Losing the landline and number doesn't matter. The only reason we have a landline is to get the internet. We don't even have a handset plugged in.

christianpjones
Rising Star

Well, that was easy...

Straight through to customer services on the number @dvorak gave me. Switch to FTTP arranged for the first week in July. 🙂

notcloud
Grafter

Has anyone actually got it yet. Mine goes live on Wednesday, and was wondering if the username and login are the same as vdsl?

dvorak

Yes, I have it.
It’s exactly the same details.
Customer / Moderator
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@notcloud 

PlusNet credentials are the same. WiFi will be different if you change router though you can login to the new router and change WiFi creds to that of your old router to save changing all other devices.

You connect via an Ethernet cable rather than a phone cable. This means you can put the router anywhere you want if you're happy to run cable.

Brian

christianpjones
Rising Star

New kit fitted yesterday. The whole thing took less than two hours, and that included working with an unexpectedly tortuous pipe run outside our house, courtesy of whoever put the original pipework in. Really happy with the results. 🙂

1.jpg

(Full Fibre 500.)