cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP installed today but my speeds are capped at 70-80mbps?

ianbr

FTTP installed today but my speeds are capped at 70-80mbps?

As the title says, i got my FTTP installed today and i should have the 550mbps service but im only getting around 70-80mbps on both upload and download. I've tried connecting direct to the router using cat6 ethernet, PC is more than capable and so is my work laptop (again cabled).

Is there a period before i get the speeds i should?

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: FTTP installed today but my speeds are capped at 70-80mbps?

Yes, you need to wait for the account change process to complete later today.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RHines
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Yep. Totally normal. It should hit some time tonight, you'll get a confirmation email / sms.  When that happens, reboot your router and test again. I had the same issue. Smiley

ianbr

Well i had my confirmation of service change and rebooted my router and im up to 350mbps now but still not the 500-550mbps. Upload is still where it should be for the service. Rebooted the router a few times since and it seems im stuck here for now.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Wired or wireless ?

What router are you using , Plusnet Hub 2 ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ianbr

Panic averted. I had a brain fart and double checked where my USB ethernet adapter was plugged in, turns out a USB 2 port. Plugged it into a 3.0 port and instantly up to 500-550.

Everything's sorted now 👍