cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP install time

muddy

FTTP install time

Evening
I put a request for the trial in last night and today I've come home to a nice new CSP on the wall outside already, surely not a coincidence and wonderfully quick but I don't see anything on the ticket and haven't had any contact.  Can anyone advise whether this is normal and if I need to do anything to move on to stage 2 installation?
Thanks
Martin
13 REPLIES 13
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: FTTP install time

Well I'd love for us to accept responsibility for this, however nobody has had a look at your account yet  Grin
Is the splice point within the realms of your property or not? I've placed the order for you this morning so I'll update your ticket correspondence shortly.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
muddy

Cheers Matty!  I did wonder as I was settled in for a couple of weeks patient wait in hope. It's the only one on the street by the looks of it so I'm baffled at the coincidence but perfectly happy.  Smiley 
Yes it's on my property but outside, screwed onto the wall of the house above the copper point and coming out of the same conduit.  Since my previous post my wife has informed me that the openreach chap knocked on the door to let us know it was there and all ready for the next stage.
Martin
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Wonder if you have a very puzzled neighbour wondering where their fibre is?  Cheesy
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: muddy
Since my previous post my wife has informed me that the openreach chap knocked on the door to let us know it was there and all ready for the next stage.

Huh??? They've confirmed your external date for the 5th May on the order I've placed! They keep doing stuff before we even ask them to. Maybe they have hired a few psychics who knew that you were planning to order and got the work done early.  Grin Grin Grin
Your date for the 14th is also confirmed for the internal works, and the cessation of your copper broadband. Keep us posted on the forums!  Smiley
Matty
muddy

Quote from: georgelnx
Wonder if you have a very puzzled neighbour wondering where their fibre is?  Cheesy

I've asked around, and nobody is admitting it, so sticking with precognition theory for now!
Will let you all know how it goes.
muddy

All installed and connected via fibre  Cheesy
I assume I just have to wait for the plusnet side profile to update to be full speed?
Quote from: georgelnx

Turned out in the end that it was a not so much puzzled, but more irritated neighbor wondering where their fibre was, sorted same day for them though so they got theirs on time anyway...
ta
Martin
SpendLessTime
Hero

Plusnet sometimes forget to correct the speed so I suggest you check your line speed at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed . They wait for Openreach to tell them that the job has been completed which can also be a while.
If it hasn't changed by 6pm then give Plusnet a bell. You will have to disconnect/reconnect via the router to get the correct speed once the data speed is changed..
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll get on this for you now. You ok to try again in 20 minutes?
Credit to George for predicting what had happened!  Grin
muddy

And after a break for lunch... there we have it, full speed ahead and something of a change from the old 1.6 ads like connection!
Many thanks to you both  Grin
benfranklin
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Credit to George for predicting what had happened!  Grin

Haha, that is indeed both impressive and rather amusing at the same time. I don't suppose you've got any idea what the lottery numbers will be this week do you, George?  Tongue
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Imagine being a stranger with absolutely no interest in broadband coming home to find a grey box on their wall! Luckily OP was interested in the service!   Grin
I hope that this is an anomaly  Roll_eyes
SpendLessTime
Hero

Quote from: benfranklin
I don't suppose you've got any idea what the lottery numbers will be this week do you, George?  Tongue

Ask me at 9pm on Saturday  Smiley
Also Muddy welcome to the world of speed, I still haven't forgot about my own 2.8Mbps ADSL line even if I do sometimes think this FTTP lark is a bit slow at times.

(Edit to welcome muddy)
Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew you would say that.