Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP - download speed went superslow on the 3rd - still "down"

hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTP - download speed went superslow on the 3rd - still "down"

It's gone again!
I'm beginning to think that this my have something to do with my profile because it was fine after midnight but appears to be restricted again?

I've just run isposure and it failed to record both download and upload!
Dave - please can you advise?
Cheers
Howard
FttpPeter
Dabbler

After not encountering this problem - per my previous posts - my line was slow/superlow this morning - only 605 kbps down, 15 Mbps up.
Rebooted both the ONT and router at 10.13am and it fixed it, now back at 93 Mbps.
Peter
hmarshy
Rising Star

Thanks for that Peter.
Mine is now restored after power cycling the ONT and router for the third time this weekend. I have not touched the ONT from installation at the end of November until yesterday.
Download is now a healthy 85.96Mbps, upload is 15.2Mbps and 5ms ping.
isposure's looking good too.
Cheers
Howard
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

Thanks for the pointer to this thread Howard.
I've just tried power cycling the ONT and the router. The connection to a few minutes to comne back and is still only 600K. Ping is consistently sub 10mS and upload is around 15M so it's a bit of a mystery.
I think I'll leave it tonight and see it self restores and try another Norwegian reset if it doesn't.
Although the power was only off for 5 minutes, the sound of intruder alarms with missed battery maintenance went on much longer!
Barny
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

Speed has recovered to 43Mbs today. Still not as good as usual but a lot better than yesterday!
livinginhope
Grafter

Update: My FTTP line has been good since Friday 4th at 12.00 - just had a call from Sean at PN - they are catching up on the tickets so if you have problems out there, remember to ask for support - they will get to you.
However it seems that the one thing that has the most effect is power-cycling the ONT and router - probably sledgehammer/nut but if it works........!!
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

Up at 76Mbps today.
Still seems odd to me that it takes 2 days to recover full speed.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi guys,
Sorry I missed these posts, hopefully it's all OK. I know one of my colleagues in the faults team was looking at these as he asked me about them. We did have a problem on 21CN over the weekend which caused some customers to see slow speeds and as FTTP goes over the same network infrastructure it's possible that it's related. I can't be 100% that was the problem and unfortunately the weekly FTTP trial call was cancelled this week so I've not been able to see if any of the other ISPs had similar problems. Please let us know if it does happen again and we can see if we can find out the cause but I suspect it was likely the same problem some of the ADSL2+ customers saw.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Floyd
Grafter

I did notice that each speed test uses gob loads of data...