Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP deployed, issue to property?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: FTTP deployed, issue to property?

I'm pretty sure that the FTTC 40/10 variant has been changed to 40/20 under the recently announced product refresh.
See here and click on 'Show details and upgrade call plan'.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The current fibre products are 40/20 and 80/20.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AndyH
Grafter

Hmm - then I stand corrected. It must be that Plusnet are provisioning everyone on 80/20 with BT Wholesale/Openreach and applying a downstream limit their end for those on the 40 product.
Openreach don't sell a 40/20 product for FTTC or FTTP - http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0RIviN9gWGKtCd... and http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=SjLGnN8O1mzybN...
Edit: Out of interest though, can you get 20Mb/s upload if your max download speed is 40Mb/s?
David_W
Rising Star

It looks like our suppliers have deferred the external appointment, as unnecessary, which is good news.
Your internal installation is now fully booked in for 08/09/2014 between 8am and 1pm.

Cheesy  Just to confirm, I posted in the original ticket that I wanted the Master Socket moved from it's current location (behind the TV, terrible place) to in the passageway (extension is already there), will that go ahead?
GeordieMark
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH

Edit: Out of interest though, can you get 20Mb/s upload if your max download speed is 40Mb/s?

Yep, as you stated they just cap the download but not the upload, giving 40Mbps/(up to) 20Mbps
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: David
Cheesy  Just to confirm, I posted in the original ticket that I wanted the Master Socket moved from it's current location (behind the TV, terrible place) to in the passageway (extension is already there), will that go ahead?

They don't normally touch the master socket as it's not needed/used for FTTP, unless you get fibre voice access (which Plusnet don't offer). But if you ask nicely, they might move it for you.
You'll need a power socket for where they put the ONT and a further power socket where you have your router. Normally they put the Customer Splicing Point where the BT cabling/ducting comes into your property.
David_W
Rising Star

Yeah, I need the fibre bits out in the passageway so I can use wired for my router, already got a long cable but if they put the fibre bit near the master socket I'd need a really long cable.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Quote from: AndyH

They don't normally touch the master socket as it's not needed/used for FTTP, unless you get fibre voice access (which Plusnet don't offer).

When my installation was done, the engineer did change the master socket and to allow for a set up for fibre voice, "just in case" were his words. However my master socket is beside the site were the FTTP ONT was installed so it wasn't much extra work for him.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
David_W
Rising Star

Tomorrow is the day, so my fingers are crossed the engineer shows up and everything goes to plan, naturally I'm preparing for the worst Cheesy
/edit - Engineer just rang, he'll be here in a few minutes, my fingers are crossed though still prepared for the worst  Crazy
/edit2 engineer has been here three and a half hours, he went exchange to finish the work, came back and no green light, he checked the wire and no light was going through it! Hopefully he can fix it but prepare for the worst etc
/final-edit : All done! I finally have FTTP Cheesy  Just need to wait for profile to be updated, though if you want to update it to 330 or 100 I won't complain Smiley
David_W
Rising Star

It's all over, almost!

That's my speed results Smiley  But, on the email I got yesterday is said my package is Unlimited Fibre Extra (Without Phone), we have our phone with PN (it's a different username to mine though).so I'm going to be charged the excess even though we have phone+fibre.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

Hi David,
That's really good news, glad it finally works. Regarding the phone, it's a bit complicated with the phone being on a different username, we can move the phone so they are both on the same account if that's OK then you'll get the "with phone" rate for the broadband. Best thing is to raise a ticket on both accounts explaining the situation and we can get it sorted for you.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
David_W
Rising Star

So far it's all been running smooth as silk, though these days it takes longer to install the stuff I download rather than to download it!  Being able to download a 2Gb update for my console and have it done quickly is pretty sweet.
It's also nice to be able to have synch turned on, on the mobiles without my internet dying from capping the uploads Smiley

Not sure I could ever go back to plain old ADSL now.