Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP customer service activation nightmare

Philip86
Dabbler

FTTP customer service activation nightmare

Hi,
I’m trying to see if anyone else has received such a poor service from Plusnet. I’ve been trying to speak to someone in regards to the FTTP that has been install into my property but they are an “offline” team only and no one else has had any training to assist.
I’ve had all the work completed from Openreaches side, new fibre running to the property and fibre box installed with the router provided by plusnet hooked up.
The issue now is getting Plusnet to active the line.
Openreach came a week early and did the final install on the 16/03/18 once everything was live I updated Plusnet of this to see if they could active early which they didn’t seem overly bothered to do and said the would get someone to call(never happened), which is fine. So I waited for the original install date the 23/03/2018 for the service to be turned on. Woke up on the 23rd and the ADSL had been switch off from plus nets side, which i thought was a good sign. Sadly not as I came home from work Friday to no internet still. On calling no one could assist, all they can do is fill out another ticket to get someone to call me back but it should be live Monday and the ADSL can’t be connect back in the meantime. Low and behold no call back and still no service on Monday. Since calling again Monday to be promised a call back and today hoping to catch someone in hours I was again told I would get a call back!
For a communication company they don’t seem to be very good at communicating!! No one can tell me when I’m going to get service back and as a web developer who needs the internet it’s a little bit shoddy on their part!
Has anyone else had to jump through hoops to get connected? has anyone ever recieved a call back?
My router has a blue light so no issues my side, once I connect to the WiFi an error message come straight up and I’ve attached this.

Thanks

Phil
Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: FTTP customer service activation nightmare

Have you tried a  wired connection?

Can you log in to the routers management page to check your details?

Have you tried re-booting the router?

Brian

Philip86
Dabbler

Hi Brian,
I haven’t tried wired, don’t think I have anything that will connect via wire par PlayStation . I’ve tried to get into the admin of the route which it does let me on but no details load. They just spin. I’ve reset both router and the fibre box.

Thanks

Phil
bmc
Hero

As it's a trial the FTTP service is not integrated into PlusNet's back office systems nor have most support staff been trained up on it. You'll probably have to wait for one of the few to respond on here.

As I understand the Hub One if you've got a blue light then you have an active internet connection. Can't understand why nothing's showing up on the router Admin page.

As it's a new router you'll have a new SSID and password. To ask stupid question - have you entered these on the device you're trying to connect with. If yes, consider deleting the connection and re-tying your details.

Brian

Philip86
Dabbler

Hi Brian,

Finally got into the router again and the details come up. I’ve noticed the username is setup@plusdsl.net could it be because that’s not set up correct?
bmc
Hero

Not entirely sure but "setup" is a default which should be changed automatically as part of the service (they install a default on the router so it connects and then run a routine to change to your details based on your account).

Change the user name "setup" to your login details and enter your PlusNet password.

Brian

Philip86
Dabbler

Given it a go and no look. Borrowed a friends laptop with eithernet port and tried to set up a PPPoE direct to the LAN1 on the ONT but no connection still. The one hub is blue but will go orange once every 30 mins then back to blue. I’m sure someone at Plusnets side needs to flick a switch or something 😩.

Thanks again though Brian
bmc
Hero

It could be the early completion of the works screwed up the automatic connection that's normally achieved. The OR engineer usually ensures you have a working connection before they leave.

PlusNet normally don't have to do anything for your connection to work. They do have to "flick a switch" to put you on the fibre service (if coming from ADSL) and this is done manually as FTTP is not integrated.

My last suggestion would be to do a factory reset of the router and then manually enter your PlusNet details ( username@plusdsl.net  and then your PlusNet account password).

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

The BT Wholesale page link in your opening post means it is highly likely that PlusNet have not activated your FTTP service, the problem is customer support don't know about FTTP and seem unable to get hold of anyone who does know what to do. One of the forum reps may see your post but it is frustrating that the normal support route is not able to sort this out.Sad

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Philip86, sorry to hear of the problems you've had getting online following the completion of your order.

Looking over the account, the order itself completed on 23/03/18, and an advisor updated your account to the appropriate fibre package yesterday roughly an hour/45 minutes before you made this thread, although the package change wouldn't have stopped you from getting online.

@Philip86 wrote:
I’ve noticed the username is setup@plusdsl.net

Please could you click the disconnect button on this page and update the username to your account username@plusdsl.net and ensure the password is the same as your account password.

The full steps to do this are:

1. Load a web page and go to 192.168.1.254
2. Click the settings tab.
3. Enter the router admin details (Printed on the card/bottom of the router)
4. Select the broadband tab at the top of the settings page.
5. Click disconnect.
6. Enter your router auth details (your username@plusdsl.net and your account password)
7. Click connect.

Hopefully once the authentication details are corrected, you'll be online, however failing this we may need to get a fault report raised with our suppliers for further investigation in to this. If this is the case, please try to raise a fault report over at https://faults.plus.net (Although many of the troubleshooting steps will be irrelevant as they'll be related to ADSL/FTTC troubleshooting) and let us know once you've done this.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Philip86
Dabbler

Hi,

I have tried the above still no service. I have filled out the line fault page. Like you say though most of it is not FTTP relevent. What kind of turn around can I expect as I’ve very much been left in the dark and fobbed off by the call centre.

Thank you

Phil
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've raised a fault report with our suppliers and myself or our faults team will be in touch once we've received a response from our suppliers regarding this.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Philip86
Dabbler

Update.... the one hub is now just solid orange and has an orange B that pops up every now and again....
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Philip86 wrote:

Finally got into the router again and the details come up. I’ve noticed the username is setup@plusdsl.net could it be because that’s not set up correct?

How old is your PlusNet account, or in other words how long have you been a PN customer?

The reason I ask is because if you're a long-time customer there's just a very slim chance that your Username is in a slightly different format than the example above, but I guess if that were the case you'd be aware of your personal login details.

@E.g. As a fairly long-term punter my Username.is of the format 'MyAccountName@plus.net' as opposed to @plusdsl.net

If you're a recent customer please disregard my ramblings!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

A solid orange light with an orange/off b light would indicate the router is trying to authenticate.

Our suppliers have advised that they are investigating this matter further externally and have requested we allow them 2 working days to provide an update.

We will continue to monitor this and provide further updates once they are made available to us.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet