Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP connection just activated... just a small issue

FIXED
Thaelvyn

FTTP connection just activated... just a small issue

Hi, 

Openreach has just finished installing the fibre. However, whilst the upload speed appears normal on speedtest.net (20Mb - ish), the download speed seems capped to what it used to be (7.5Mb - ish) instead of the 80Mb expected. I am assuming the throttling is in place to provide more stability for the previous connection... but is there a way to reset it please?

Also, now that everything is installed, I'd like to cancel the phone line and pay the £2.50 extra for the broadband (since I never used it anyway). What is the right process to follow?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: FTTP connection just activated... just a small issue

No the reason is you are still on the ADSL speed profile until PlusNet update it to FTTP. I wouldn't bother trying to contact support as they are not clued up on FTTP. Need one of the forum staff who know what to do.

@Gandalf  Please can you help you with this.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Thaelvyn 

A PlusNet FTTP bod needs to flick a switch to take you from ADSL speeds to fibre speeds. they'll do so once they pick up the ticket when it's been "closed" by the OR engineer.

Assuming no cancellation charges apply (it you're in contract for the phone line) you've asked in the right place to terminate your phone line. A PlusNet FTTP bod can do the necessary.

Brian

Thaelvyn

Cool thanks for the info @RealAleMadrid & @bmc.

I shall wait (moderately) patiently to get some good speeds soon then Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there. Welcome to the community forums.

Doesn't look like your FTTP order is completed yet, but I can see your account type is still fibre (As you had FTTC before).

It seems that your speeds are restricted by the profiling on our side. The profile matches the current sync rate of the connection so it's still set at the FTTC connection. I've adjusted that for you now.

If you can reboot your router you should hopefully see an increase in your speeds.

With regards to ceasing your phone line I'll raise a ticket on your account with more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet