Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP availability checker - accurate ?

maltloafs
Dabbler

FTTP availability checker - accurate ?

Evening all,

We have had openreach guys in the street over the last couple of weeks and today the openreach site says ready to accept orders for ultrafast broadband at our phone number. I'm a bit confused though as the traditional checker doesn't mention fttp at all.

Can anyone clear this up ? I have raised a ticket to join the trial anyway, hoping I'm missing something. The number is 163908227

Thank you

Kevin.

7 REPLIES 7
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: FTTP availability checker - accurate ?

What does the OpenReach site say. If Superfast broadband is available it'll tell you what the technology is used.

Or, if you can a picture of the DSL Checker results (making sure your phone number isn't shown), we can tell that way.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/index.do

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

maltloafs
Dabbler

Pics of both attached... Openreach say accepting FTTP orders. DSL checker doesn't mention FTTP.

Thank you for the reply and help.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Definitely appears FTTP is coming your way. Hopefully it's just the DSL Checker hasn't yet been updated.

However, I believe it's this PlusNet use to check so there might be a timing problem for your request. Keep an eye on your ticket under "View my Questions". Note that few PlusNet staff are trained on FTTP so there can be delays (and it's not worth trying phone or Live Chat).

Brian

maltloafs
Dabbler

Thank you I will do.
maltloafs
Dabbler

Had a very full and very informative email from Plusnet regarding this today. Apparently Openreach have enabled fttp but something else hasn't been enabled and they are chasing it. Impressive customer service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Evening Kevin and welcome to the community forums.

It looks like our suppliers have closed the query that we've raised earlier today, advising us that FTTP isn't available. So I've released the ticket on your account off hold so we can investigate this and chase it up.

-Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maltloafs
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, thank you for your reply. It would appear that the BT DSL checker has now been updated and both agree that I have fttp available. Hopefully I will get a bit further this time ! thank you again.

Kevin.