cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP at ADSL speed

Pleaserespond

FTTP at ADSL speed

My FTTP Fibre broadband speed occasionally drops to around 2Mb it was 0.5Mb the other day.  When I first had Fibre Broadband I enjoyed 70Mb plus now it has dropped to 20Mb on average which I have been trying to log but always a 45minute wait time on the 0800 support number, I now have the extra issue of dropping to 2Mb occasionally,  a restart of the router and ONT box gets me back to 20Mb.  Leaving this message in the hope that a plusnet tec gets in touch, user name is [Removed], it is an FTTP connection probably the slowest FTTP in the country.
Regards

Peter Cartwright

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Account name removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

3 REPLIES 3
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: FTTP at ADSL speed

Sorry to hear about this, are you a FTTP customer or FTTC customer there is a big difference and if you are a FTTP customer this post is in the wrong place.

James

Pleaserespond

Hi thanks for moving the post, I am definitely an FTTP customer the clue is in the title and the fact I said I am an FTTP customer 3 times in the post, sorry to be cheeky, I know users get confused sometimes, but I know I am an FTTP customer and very grateful to  Plusnet  for putting me on to FTTP it's just its lost the edge now that it's dropped from 80 to 20 and down to the occasional 2Mb is very odd, it would be good to have a technical response please.

Regards

Peter

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear you're experiencing poor FTTP speeds.

As far as I can see your connection is provisioned on 100/15 and your account is set correctly.

I'd recommend raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net so our faults team can look in to this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet