Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP and Residential number porting

FIXED
FlossyThePig
Rising Star

Re: FTTP and Residential number porting

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@FlossyThePig  Did you cancel the upgrade order to FTTP which I said you must do in message #14 of this thread, it sounds like you didn't.  So you may well have lost your phone line and number.☹️

You said  "All I want is FTTP and retain my landline number. As as been pointed out in the forum at the present time with the way that Plusnet systems operate you cannot achieve that result.

"There's the rub", it was when I tried to call to cancel the upgrade I found the phone line to be dead. I assume that my current broadband and phone package remain in place until the switch to FTTP

If I call the landline number I get a message informing me the the person is on another call so leave a voice mail message.

On the fault ticket:
- Service affected was added and set to Voice
- Fault symptom was added and set to Noisy
- Engineer visit was added and set to No

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@bigredbeast wrote:

Many thanks, I will be moving my domain out.

I would PM you but I haven't met the PM allowed criteria yet, maybe soon?

I can see my colleague @SammyM has picked up your PM and raised a NetOps task (ref: INFOPS-78537) to transfer your domain away. Sorry to see you go after so long, but hopefully you'll stick by us for FTTP!

@FlossyThePig, The problem with your landline likely isn't anything to do with the order you've placed. From what I can see there's a fault with the line which we've raised to our supplier and an engineer should be out today to investigate further. If you're not wanting your phone line/number to be ceased when the FTTP order goes through which looks to be on the 24.06.22, do you have a mobile to call us on 0800 013 2632 from to cancel the order? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FlossyThePig
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

The problem with your landline likely isn't anything to do with the order you've placed. From what I can see there's a fault with the line which we've raised to our supplier and an engineer should be out today to investigate further. If you're not wanting your phone line/number to be ceased when the FTTP order goes through which looks to be on the 24.06.22, do you have a mobile to call us on 0800 013 2632 from to cancel the order? 

I've managed to cancel my FTTP order so when the line is fixed I should be able to make calls again. My current contract runs out at the end of November so hopefully PN will be offering FTTP to new customers before then so I can upgrade the way I want to. Now to wait for nagging emails for me to return my new Hub 2.

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

The only people who still know my landline number are spammers and scammers.  So there is nothing plugged into it any more Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@FlossyThePig, no problem. Just to provide an update on the fault with your landline. An engineer's been out and identified they'll need to carry out major cabling work spanning 360m between the cabinet (the green box) and the exchange. 

Contractors are due to go out on the 27.06.22. The delay is due to a combination of contractor availability, parts which need to be ordered in and that permissions are required, normally traffic management from the highways agency/council. 

Really sorry for the downtime. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FlossyThePig
Rising Star

Thank you for the update. It makes a nice change to get detail so soon after the fault has been identified. I wish my electricity supplier was as prompt with their resolution process.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries at all! Hopefully things go to plan on the 27th. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Shackman205
Rising Star

Well it's in - FTTP installed this morning and I was surprised how straightforward it was. OR had installed fibre to the premises in early January, but it only went 'live' last month. Booked an install with Plusnet for this morning (0800 to 1300 unquote) - an Openreach installer arrived spot on 0800, and after a spot of drilling through the wall at the requested place, two boxes installed (inside and out), and by 0845 he'd finished and I was on to a 500mb service (FAST shows 550 mbs).

Thanks to:

@Gandalf for 'hinting' it was a good idea to wait a couple of weeks before junping ship,

The Openreach engineer who installed it so quickly and exactly where I wanted it

The Plusnet phone operator who took my upgrade order despite getting a bit flustered (it was her first FTTP upgrade order!).

All those that suggested sipgate

No Thanks to:

Plusnet for not allowing (or thinking it through) the porting of my landline number, which could have been so easy - my neighbour's ISP left the landline in for two days to enable it to be ported out

Finally - yet ANOTHER  Hub 2 has arrived despite saying I didn't need one (but the one I'm using was remarkably simple to reset!).

Overall tho' - happy.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the feedback!

Glad that your install went well and sorry about your landline. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Shackman205 wrote:

Finally - yet ANOTHER  Hub 2 has arrived despite saying I didn't need one (but the one I'm using was remarkably simple to reset!).

This has been a problem with a few of the early regrades. I think the issue has since been fixed.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Shackman205
Rising Star

Do you want it back (also unused Hub One!)?

notcloud
Grafter

Great, I was SUPPOSED to have an install date this Wednesday, looks like I`m going to have to wait as I NEED to keep my number, and now I cannot port it out. What a [-Censored-] show, something so simple made so hard. I even said what I was going to do when I took on the switch to the PN guy on the phone, Forked out £30.00 to port my number to sipgate. Changing My number would be a ball ache as a keyholder, changing the number associated with me with the alarms companies is a royal pain. That and I`ve booked a days holiday, which I doubt I can cancel at this late date.

notcloud
Grafter

And no emails or calls to let me know that there is an issue. The port request was filed 14 days ago

notcloud
Grafter

AND the price the PN operative agreed to is not the price in the email that I have just found. LIERS

notcloud
Grafter

Not really an option Gandalf to swap out to BT or EE as NEITHER offer fixed IP. Now When I signed up for FTTP, I asked if I was going to keep Fixed IP and was told yes. I bet that was also a fib on the sales blurb I was fed.