Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial address problem

FIXED
hedkandi
Grafter

Re: FTTP Trial address problem

Got a query about the installation appointment. It is set for the 3/4/18 but in the message you also said

If required, the external cabling work will be completed a few days before and you do not need to attend the property for this date.

So does that mean the appointment date is for the internal work and the external work will be done before this date? If so will you know what date this will be? Just thinking it would be good to be there in case there are any issues.

Also is my telephone number still linked to the same house name as the FTTP is being ordered at?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

So does that mean the appointment date is for the internal work and the external work will be done before this date? If so will you know what date this will be? Just thinking it would be good to be there in case there are any issues.

When I checked last week we weren't advised of when this would take place, so it's possible that any external work that needs to be carried out can be done on the day of the appointment.

Also is my telephone number still linked to the same house name as the FTTP is being ordered at?

If I'm remembering correctly the address for your telephone number hadn't updated yet, so we may need to re-submit an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) request to update the records.

As FTTP wasn't showing as available using your telephone number despite this, on this occasion I placed the order using the incorrect spelling. If successful, this means that we'll need to manually cease your broadband service once the FTTP order completes, and then ask our suppliers to submit an ORDI too.

I'm out of the office now until the weekend, so I'll check this again then.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hedkandi
Grafter

When I checked last week we weren't advised of when this would take place, so it's possible that any external work that needs to be carried out can be done on the day of the appointment.

Think you're right that it will be done on the same day - the BT checker says we have a 1 stage installation. 

The only reason I was asking about the phone number is that I thought it might help if it is still registered at the misspelt address, as it is also the address used for the FTTP order.

Anyway, guess we will just have to wait and see. Hopefully it will all go ahead without any problems and I can post back that it has been a success!

Thanks again Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The address where your telephone number is registered at shouldn't matter as it's not related to your FTTP order.

Aye fingers crossed this works.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just checked your order and yeah we've not been advised of anything except your appointment date.

Hopefully things go smoothly on the day.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hedkandi
Grafter

Cheers, not long now Smiley 

hedkandi
Grafter

Success!  Install went smoothly, no problems at all and already connected Smiley

Nice improvement over the previous 5-6 Mbit....

My Broadband Speed Test

Thank you for all the help Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I'm so glad to hear that! Cheesy Sorry for not doing this sooner.

I've requested Openreach to update your telephone number to show WBC FTTP.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hedkandi
Grafter

Thanks Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all. Smiley

Enjoy your new speeds and feel free to let me know if you need any further help in the future.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Me again. News just in.

If you put your telephone number or correct address into DSL Checker, you'll see records are now updated. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hedkandi
Grafter

Great, thanks Smiley 

Is it possible to remove the incorrect address from the database? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Is it possible to remove the incorrect address from the database? 

Always worth asking, so I've sent an e-mail over to our suppliers now.

I'll let you know when we hear back.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hedkandi
Grafter

Thanks, no problem if it can't - just thought it would be better to try and get rid of that name.