Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial address problem

FIXED
hedkandi
Grafter

FTTP Trial address problem

Hi there,

I would like to request to join the FTTP trial but have some issues with my address on the database so I am not sure on the best way to proceed.

When I search on the availability checker with my phone number it says not available. If I search with my postcode my house name is down twice, one is the correct name and the other is a spelling error. FTTP only shows as available for the one with the spelling error.

When I joined PlusNet in January this caused a lot of confusion and took a long time, I signed up with the correct address but turns out the phone line was registered at the incorrect name. Support worked this out and ordered the service at the incorrect address and said they would correct the Openreach database later.

So the problem now seems to be that the phone line is registered at the correct address but the FTTP service only shows available at the incorrect one. So I am not sure what's the best way to go about ordering/fixing this issue. I am happy to order with the incorrect house name if that will work (we get lots of post using it).

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter then removed.

28 REPLIES 28
FxAxF
Rising Star

Re: FTTP Trial address problem

I had a similar issue which was only resolved with the fantastic assistance of @Anonymous . My address was different on the Openreach database to everyone else's databases!

It will likely need a change at Openreach to get it fixed. Mine was fixed in 48 hours, and now just waiting for Openreach to turn up and run my cable.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. I've had a look into this, and I've raised this with our suppliers to look into.

I'll post back when I've got more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hedkandi
Grafter

Thanks

Can I send you my PN username and the address details ? this forum username is old and might be linked to an old account, though the address and email should be the same.

hedkandi
Grafter

Hopefully this can be resolved as quickly, I am itching to finally be able to upgrade from ADSL Max to FTTP Smiley

hedkandi
Grafter

Sent you a PM with extra details. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just to post back on here. Cheers for the PM. Still waiting on an update from our suppliers.

I expect to hear back by the 13th. Fingers crossed it brings some good news.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hedkandi
Grafter

Thanks for the update Smiley 

hedkandi
Grafter

Hi Gandalf, Just checking in to see if there's been any update from Openreach?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately not, so I've chased this up.
I should hear back within 24 hours. Fingers crossed it's good news.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hedkandi
Grafter

Thanks

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't just be a simple case of fixing the address on the database. If they cause any problem then I suggest just ordering FTTP using the address that has the misspelling, after all, we get lots of post that use it without any issue.

FxAxF
Rising Star

We had a similar issue with all kinds of organisations with ours. A new driveway was created, linking us to a main road instead of a farm track! Royal Mail issued us with a new postcode without warning, I guess so that their records would show the easier route to access.

Even now, 9 years later, we still have a disparity between all sorts of addresses on varying databases. When a subscription is paid to have access to Royal Mail's records, organisations are meant to update from it,....but it doesn't always happen. PlusNet had our correct address, BT Commercial (our previous phone provider) had our correct address, but BT OpenReach had the old address!

@Anonymous handled our change with BTOR and it went through within 48 hours so you shouldn't have long to wait.

hedkandi
Grafter

Sounds like a nightmare! Good to hear you got it sorted.

We are trying to place an order using the address with the misspelt house name (which has FTTP as available). So fingers crossed it will work.

hedkandi
Grafter

Thanks for placing the order Smiley That date is fine. Hopefully it will work Undecided

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all. If this does work, sorry for not placing it sooner. Fingers crossed!
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet