cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial - Is the Trial still oepn and are you still supporting customers??

mkeat100
Grafter

FTTP Trial - Is the Trial still oepn and are you still supporting customers??

Ref ticket: 89958580
Please can you confirm that the trial is still being supported, i have just spoken to your purchasing team who were very unhelpful stating that the trial has been closed. The representative stated that in order to receive updates on my open ticket I need to call Plusnet. As you are aware I am now into the 18 month of installation requiring only fibre to be run from a pole to the property and terminated. BT Openreach have completed the infrastructure (Jan 2016) after visiting twice to complete the installation with no fibre present in the ducting to the poles. I have a reel of fibre lying on our boundary hedge, do I need to connect it myself? Please can you provide some feedback as phonecalls to your customer services department are not progressing,
Cheers
27 REPLIES 27
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: FTTP Trial - Is the Trial still oepn and are you still supporting customers??

As it currently stands, the trial is still ongoing on the residential packages shown at http://trials.plus.net
I'm a little confused by the response they have given on the ticket. The first paragraph is along the right lines and we are due an update on your order on the 3rd, however I'm not sure why they then go on to say the trial is closed.
You don't need to call us for an update, however due to the delay in responding to FTTP tickets, I can sort of understand why they would advise to call for an update. Feel free to give us a nudge in the forums on or after the 4th (A day late so we don't run in to our suppliers telling us to wait to the end of the day on the 3rd for the update) and we'll make sure it's chased up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mkeat100
Grafter

Re: FTTP Trial - Is the Trial still oepn and are you still supporting customers??

Thanks for the quick response Harry,
Cheers
M
mkeat100
Grafter

Harryb,
Quick nudge,
Any updates? Keen to see this finalised,
Regards
Martin
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've not had anything through from our suppliers yet Undecided
Leave it with me and I'll make sure there's an update on the ticket later today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just got off the phone with our suppliers and unfortunately there's not really any updates for me to provide at the moment Sad
The guy I spoke to said they haven't received the updates from the relevant team, which is why the order hasn't been updated with any notes.
He advised me that he's sent a chaser email and would expect a response some time on Tuesday next week. With this in mind, the earliest I'd expect us to be able to chase this would be the following day Undecided
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mkeat100
Grafter

Ok Harry, thanks for the update,
Cheers, Martin
mkeat100
Grafter

Another nudge Harry, any news re progress,
Cheers
Martin
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've updated the ticket with the most recent notes from our suppliers for you.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mkeat100
Grafter

Harryb, Paul T,
Do you have any more feedback regarding the installation of my my fttp connection (see attached photos of manifold and fttp pole mount on our boundary hedge installed in January 2016). This morning I discussed the installation with an openreach engineer who was somewhat suprised that we werent already connected having previously attended our property in November 2015 to undertake stage 1 at which time fibre wasnt present. The engineer attended today to install the fttp in our neighbours house potentially Plusnet subscribers who are further from the pole than us. I am expecting on return from work an fttp line across our boundary with the neighbours first phase complete.
The engineer did state that the infrastructure can be connected to and did say that it would have been comissioned on install. I have to question why there is a delay as we discussed the entry point into the property for FTTP which didnt appear to be a problem. I would like to be present for phase 1 and 2  of the install to make sure that Openreach connect to the property in the most suitable location, my mobile number is available on my ticket,
Regards
Martin
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Calling our suppliers now.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've updated your ticket, but I'm sorry to say that I've not been able to get much in the way of updates Cry
Our suppliers are still chasing for updates from their back-end team that need to take action before any further progress can be made on the order. A further escalation email has been sent including your comments regarding a neighbour having FTTP installed.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mkeat100
Grafter

Thanks Harry
mkeat100
Grafter

Harry,
Following further details on my ticket please can you forward an update re fttp installation progress,
Regards
Martin
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Coincidentally I just came across your account a few minutes ago Grin
I've put it to one side to give our suppliers a call and get an update later today Wink
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet