Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial Ceased

FIXED
dsbibby
Dabbler

FTTP Trial Ceased

Hi
On Monday I successfully had my phone number ported to a VOIP provider after joining the PlusNet FTTP trial back in December. There was some confusion around my contract length and cessation charges which I believed to have been resolved on Sunday just gone.
However I have just been told today that my account has been closed with plusnet. I have just spoken to customer service and they tell me that my broadband had been ported too (not correct as my VOIP provider don't offer any ISP services), and additionally that the PlusNet FTTP trial is no longer available and as such I can only have a new ADSL contract!
Can anyone confirm if this is correct? My VOIP provider tells me that the broadband port could be stopped by PlusNet if they issued an emergency port-back, but customer services seemed more than happy for me to go elsewhere instead.
Any clarity anyone can provide would be appreciated!
Cheers!
10 REPLIES 10
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: FTTP Trial Ceased

Looks like you didn't follow @MisterW 's advice in this post.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

That sounds like a horrible mess. You shouldn't have spoken to customer service, they know very little about the FTTP trial and tend to get it all wrong. Hopefully one of the PlusNet reps who know about FTTP can respond in this thread, such as @Gandalf who will try to recover the situation. The FTTP trial has not ended.

dsbibby
Dabbler

Thanks both for your replies.

Truth be told, I have spoken in some depth with PlusNet about all the stages of porting my number to a VOIP provider. I was reliably informed (mostly) that it would all be fine and that my understanding of the process was correct (i.e. Just submit a porting request to my new provider and the landline will move, and my PlusNet broadband bill would increase by £2.50 a month).

If it is the case that the helpdesk staff really don't know anything about the FTTP trial, and that the only real support available is via this forum (which is what I am beginning to suspect), then it would be nice of PlusNet to own up to that at the point of signing up! I understand that it's a trial, and therefore community support like this is perfectly reasonable and I don't have a problem with it - assuming that you know that's the arrangement up front! Equally, the helpdesk staff would be wise to own up to not knowing what they're doing with FTTP and to pass you on to someone who does, or point you at this forum, rather than making out like they understand.

Anyway, mini-whinge over - hopefully @Gandalf will be able to help in the morning as my FTTP service has just ceased so I'm now without landline or broadband. I have been a PlusNet customer for a long time, so it would be a great shame to be forced to move to another provider tomorrow morning if this can't be resolved promptly.

Cheers!
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Fingers crossed @Gandalf can work some of his magic for you.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear how this has been handled on your account.

I'll ensure feedback is passed on internally where appropriate.

The good news is that when your account was closed, our system didn't automatically place a cease order with our suppliers on this occasion, so your FTTP service remains intact.

I'm reactivating your account now. If you're using a Plusnet router you'll need to manually set it up using your connection details from here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

This is because the router details stored on your account for the automatic setup process would've been deleted when the account was closed. I can easily re-add the details if you can PM me with a photo of the label on the bottom of the router?

I hope this'll help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like your router has now reconnected to the internet:

Everything working now as you'd expect?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dsbibby
Dabbler

Brilliant, thank you @Gandalf! It does seem that it's working again.
I'm not at home at the moment to check properly, but it does seem that my static IP has gone/changed as I'm no longer able to connect to my VPN. Is it possible to check that?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all, glad to hear that.

it does seem that my static IP has gone/changed as I'm no longer able to connect to my VPN. Is it possible to check that?

Due to the account being closed this removed the static IP component. I've re-added a static IP to your account now.

Unfortunately, your router will be assigned a new one. Really sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dsbibby
Dabbler

Perfect, thank you.

No big deal about thestatic IP changing - I've already updated my DNS to match the new IP.

I'm home now and everything seems to be good as new - thank you so much for resolving this quickly for me! I'll be sure to come back here in future if I have any issues (hopefully not!).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all.

Yeah feel free to let me know if do you need any further help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet