cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Router

geoffb

FTTP Router

What do I have to do to get my new router? The cable has been installed and the ONT activated but no response from the team to my tickets? Is this par for the course?
16 REPLIES 16
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: FTTP Router

HI Geoff,
I've been going through the FTTP tickets recently, apologies if I have missed yours, would you mind sending me a message with the ticket number and I'll get one out first thing
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: geoffb
Is this par for the course?

When I moved to FTTP in December - the agent who did the order had forgotten to place order for router - it took a PM to a certain PN staff member when it was just two days away from internal install.
It finnally arrived as OR technician was doing the installation - talk about just in time !
geoffb

Thanks, my ticket number is 116027357
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'll get a router out to you ASAP and make sure feedback is passed on to the person who initially forgot to send it.
Thanks for your patience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bart76

Hi, I have just had bt out installing my fibre but I never got a new router from plusnet so assumed that the sagemcom 2704n router you supply for adsl and fttc would be compatible! It's been switched to fibre but I can't update the password and username...
Am I doing something wrong or do I need a preconfigured router from you guys?
Ticker number 116368828
Thanks
Kevin
bart76

Apologies just managed to change my username and password... had to disconnect first then I could update it Smiley
Many thanks
Kevin
bart76

Hi, I'm still having some issues with my connection.
Download 2-3mb
Upload 20mb
I should be on a 80 20 service
I'm sat here with engineer and he's spoke with bt wholesale and checked the radius is set up correctly and can confirm it is set at 80 20... bt are saying that only plusnet can be throttling the line now?Huh
Thanks again
Kevin
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It'll need the package upgrading manually to the appropriate FTTC package.
Leave this with me and I'll get that sorted as soon as I can Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bart76

Cheers Harry Smiley
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Don't forget the Hub 1 that Bart76 will also need  Wink
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The account is now on the correct package, you should be seeing the 80/20 speeds you expected (May need to disconnect/re-connect)
New router is also on the way/has been marked to be dispatched (Apologies that it hadn't arrived prior to the install)
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bart76

Ahh that's better 74 21
Much appreciated Smiley
No worries, the new hub 1 looks better than the old one can't wait for it to arrive now..
Thanks for all your help  Smiley
geoffb

Quote from: HarryB
I'll get a router out to you ASAP and make sure feedback is passed on to the person who initially forgot to send it.
Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Harry, got the router the next day and after some account tweaking now get a good steady service of 48/20. However as I'm paying for 76/20 that's not quite good enough. The reply to my ticket 118809146 suggest I might have a fault as everything is correct at PN's end and I should have a speed of 80. The link they gave to report the fault doesn't work, can you have a look see. Just reset the router but no change.
geoffb

Can someone pick up my ticket #118809146 and advise me what needs doing to resolve my speed-v-tariff issue?