cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Install

philm
Dabbler

FTTP Install

Hi, I am thinking of entering the FTTP trial.

Reading the FAQs however it talks about two installation appointments; one to install the line outside the property and another to connect the stuff up inside

My home already has had Openreach around and they have already terminated the fibre outside and connected it up to an ONT which they have installed inside.

Would this mean activation for FTTP Trial would be much quicker or will I still have to wait weeks for it to go live?

Also, regarding the £19.99 80/20 trial price, does this include 'line rental'? If not, what is the total cost to me per month for the FTTP Trial on 80/20?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTP Install

Do you want a phone line? If not, you can have the 80/20 speed for £22.49/month and ditch the phone line entirely.

If you want a 'normal' phoneline, then you'll pay the £19.99 plus line rental to Plusnet, or £22.49/month to Plusnet for broadband if you take a phoneline from someone else.

If you want a fibre phoneline, Plusnet don't do these so you're looking at the £22.49/month to Plusnet and then line rental to someone else.

philm
Dabbler

Thanks @libbyf - I do not need a phone line at all; the property does not have any copper cable anyhow for non-fibre phones. So the £22.49 option would suit my needs.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@philm wrote:

the property does not have any copper cable anyhow for non-fibre phones.

I'm really sorry to say the FTTP Trial is currently only open to existing customers unfortunately Undecided

As there is no copper leading to the address, assuming you're in a fibre only area, we wouldn't be able to provide any service for you to become an existing customer Sad

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
philm
Dabbler

Thanks @HarryB ; I am an existing customer at another house I am selling.

I have the keys to the new place so will hopefully "home move" onto the FTTP trial at the new place and end my FTTC service at the place I am moving from

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ah right, apologies for any confusion.

That should be possible. Would you mind dropping me a PM with the new address details please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
philm
Dabbler

Hi @HarryB I Have PM'd you my new home details along with my plusnet account details.

Thanks for your help!

Phil

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the PM, apologies for the delayed response, I've was out of the office all last week on annual leave.

I've now responded to the ticket on your account and escalated it to myself to sort this out moving forward.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
philm
Dabbler

Thanks @HarryB

The FTTP is now working at my new place. I've updated the support ticket with questions regarding speed and static ip.

Thanks again!

Phil
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for the delayed response via the ticket. I planned on responding to it yesterday and unfortunately never got round to it.

Glad to hear it's working at the new address. I'm responding to the ticket now for you. Thanks for your patience Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
philm
Dabbler

@HarryB

Thanks again! All running perfectly!

I note that Openreach are releasing 500mb & 1Gb services on their FTTP network on December 6th......I can only hope that PlusNet will be trialing those options in due course!

Phil

beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Don't hold your breath waiting......Grin

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.