cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Install Info

tomxlisa
Grafter

FTTP Install Info

Signed up for the trial about 2 weeks ago and got this reply to my ticket the other day but i find this bit slightly confusing (the external cabling work will be completed a few days before and you have asked to be present) it has been  provisionally booked for the 31st, does this mean i will get the internal works done on the 31st if so when will the external works be done as it just says a few days before, not much help really and as i want to be here for when its done a date would be handy, what has other peoples experiences been with this?.
6 REPLIES 6
cajef
Grafter

Re: FTTP Install Info

The date you have been given will be for the external work, I assume Openreach cannot give a date for the internal work until they know the external work has been completed.
When mine was installed I was given an initial date for the external work, after that was done I was given another date for few days later for the internal connecting and testing.
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

In my case the initial visit ran the cable from the pole to the external box. The engineer discussed with me where I wanted the internal installation done and planned out the whole cable run. In fact he also did the rest of the install from the box to the study a few days later.
As it's a January install have plenty of hot drinks on tap - it is finger freezing work jointing the fibre. They turned up dressed as if for a polar expedition.
tomxlisa
Grafter

I assumed the date they have given me would be for the internal works as it says this?. (The external cabling work will be completed a few days before)
cajef
Grafter

(The external cabling work will be completed a few days before), it says you have asked to be present and it has been provisionally booked for the 31st.
tomxlisa
Grafter

The question is though when will the external works be completed or am i just being stupid here and not getting it?.  Undecided
tomxlisa
Grafter

External works was completed yesterday so the 31st must be for the internal. Smiley