cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Install (BT & Netgear Modem, Outside wall box Pics)

adkchum
Dabbler

FTTP Install (BT & Netgear Modem, Outside wall box Pics)

Have had my FTTP for about three weeks now;
Quick Rundown:
Registered for the Trial on 25 Feb,
Received a response on the 09 March confirming the Install date and time (Also received a SMS)
10 March, Ticket confirming they are sending out a Netgear Modem. (Also received a SMS)
12 March Received the Netgear Modem.
23 March BT Engineer came to complete the Install. Showed me the ONT BT modem (Has four spare Ethernet ports but only 1 works) and asked where I want the modem placed. (See Picture)
Said that it would take 4-5 hours for the FTTP install.
Lots of Work was done outside in the street then the BT engineer fitted a box outside the house, where he coiled up the fibre inside. Not sure why.  (See Picture)
BT engineer said that he would have to run the cable around the outside of the house, but then said he would try and use the existing ducting that contains the telephone line to the main BT wall socket (NTE5).
Took 15 minutes, I was very happy no cable on the outside of the House. Just another cable from the main BT socket ! (See Picture)
Arrived 10am - Finished at 4:30pm.
23 March - Raised a support ticket to update my line profile
25 March - Profile updated.

Line had been stable since install.
I had to change from Extra Plan to Pro, as during the day the speed dropped massively. Only 20GB allowance but get speeds I expect All Day !
Very Happy Customer. Overall experience was excellent.
2 REPLIES 2
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTP Install (BT & Netgear Modem, Outside wall box Pics)

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. Just looking at the picture on the box on the outside wall looks a little crooked. Does it look OK to you on the actual wall. We can arrange for someone to come and refit it if you aren't happy. Otherwise happy surfing Smiley
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
itsme
Grafter

Re: FTTP Install (BT & Netgear Modem, Outside wall box Pics)

Think I be more concerned on how the cables enter the house. If and when the seal break down rain water will run along the cable into the wall. It's normal for cable to loop down and up to stop water running into the wall.