Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP - House Move - BTWholesale Database Incorrect

Smash2u
Dabbler

FTTP - House Move - BTWholesale Database Incorrect

Folks,
Apologies for long post below.  I erred on the side of caution to provide as much information as I can.  This is primarily for the benefit of Plusnet Staff.
Situation / Background:

• I’ve been a broadband customer of Plusnet for little over 3 years and, during that time, I’ve only had great service from the Plusnet team (I was previously on ADSL and moved to FTTP in August of last year and I’ve been on the 330 Mbps trial since then)
• On the 5th of July (in the evening), I called Plusnet to notify them of a house move.  I was moving one floor up in the same building the following day (yes – this was short notice but, long story short, I was doing my landlord a favour moving on such short notice).  Plusnet informed me that the FTTP trials team have left for the day and are unavailable over the weekend and that I should call on Monday.  At that time, I was also told that there were 2 lines registered to my new address, one stopped and one active line if I chose not to move my telephone number.
o FYI - logistically, this apartment is bang on top of the one I used to live in.
• On the 8th of July, I called Plusnet to request a house move and successfully placed an order for the telephone service (on the stopped line) and was told it would activate on the 9th of July.  I also spoke to customer service who confirmed that I would be able to continue to be on the 330Mbps trial but would need to wait till my telephone order was complete before they could arrange for an appointment Openreach engineers (refer to Question # 71720592).
• On the 9th of July, telephone number gets activated and, as expected, I get the following mail from Plusnet
“We are awaiting your phone order to complete we can proceed and this is due to complete today.
I will place this ticket on hold until tomorrow when we will check this again for you”

• On the 10th of July, I get another e-mail from Plusnet that they are waiting for my records to be updated and that this should be completed within 24 hours:
“We are awaiting for your records to be updated to reflect what services you can receive on your line.
This should be completed within the next 24 hours, so I will place this ticket on hold until tomorrow when we will check your line again.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 11th July at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves Start of Stop until this time.”

• On the 11th of July, I call Plusnet to get an update on the situation only to find out that my ticket has been put on hold for another 24 hours.  At this point, I understand that they are referring to the fact that the ADSL availability check on BT Wholesale (BTW) is not showing “WBC FTTP” as an available option.  I was told that they are following up with BTW via e-mail and have got no response:
Thank you for your time on the phone today
We will email the relevant department and get back to you as soon as we have an update from them regarding the fibre available at your premises.
Thank you for your patience while we deal with this for you

• Every day after that, I’ve been chasing Plusnet to get an update -  my ticket ends up being put on hold for a period of 24 hours and they keep rolling it each day.  I’ve been told that Plusnet has no way to communicate with BTW to get them to update their database and have to rely on e-mails. 
Problem

My ultimate goal is to get fiber in my new apartment.  Unfortunately, I’m unable to place an FTTP order with Plusnet (or any other service provider for that matter) until Plusnet resolves this with BTW.  I’m being told by Plusnet that they are being treated with a lower priority by BTW (as Plusnet are using FTTP on a trial basis). 
What I do know is that my entire building has fiber and I also know that my neighbours have access to FTTP.  I’d be happy to PM Plusnet staff with additional details, including addresses and telephone numbers in the building that show FTTP is available in order to make the case stronger with BTW.
To be honest, the part that is disappointing the most is the confusion at the customer service staff on the phone.  I understand that this is a new product that has not yet been launched by Plusnet yet – but having to explain the situation to each customer service agent to bring them up to speed and then still get conflicting reasons for the delay, is extremely disappointing.  There isn’t a point person that is dealing with this situation (like Dave was when FTTP was first installed at my previous address).
Any help, insight, comments on similar experiences and how to resolve this, would be highly appreciated.
I’m hoping one of the Plusnet staff is also able to pick this up.
Best,
Smash2u
8 REPLIES 8
AndyH
Grafter

Re: FTTP - House Move - BTWholesale Database Incorrect

I would PM dave with the ticket number (if he doesn't see this thread) as I'm sure he'll be the best person to help sort this out for you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Smash2u,
Really sorry about this, I can see this is taking a while to resolve, I'm speaking with Dave now and we're looking into it.
I’m being told by Plusnet that they are being treated with a lower priority by BTW

Even though FTTP is a trial it doesn't mean we get treated with lower priority so I'm sorry if you were told that.
It does appear that we need to chase up our suppliers regarding a records issue that's preventing us from ordering FTTP so myself and Dave will make sure that's properly chased up ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Smash2u
Dabbler

Thank you Adam.  Let me know if I can assist in any way.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I'm going to pick this up again today with Dave so I'll keep you posted.
EDIT: Just a quick update to say that I believe we've found out the cause of the issue so I'm taking ownership of chasing this up for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Smash2u
Dabbler

Thanks for the update, Adam. 
If it helps, please let me know if you would like me to provide other apartment #s and/or telephone numbers in the building that do not suffer from this issue. 
I know the following is a loaded question: any guesstimate on how long this might take to resolve?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
At present we're trying to assess if one of two scenarios applies and this affects how long this will take to resolve.
1, being that FTTP just isn't available at the new premises, which is very unlikely but admittedly still possible, OR...
2, if it is available in the new apartment then there must be records issue.
I've been led to believe that we should know within a week, however beyond that if the second scenario applies (which I really hope it does!) then there would be a further wait for the records to be updated.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Smash2u
Dabbler

Thanks Adam.  I believe it has to be scenario #2 - I say this only because the ADSL checker shows FTTP available at three apartments on either side of my flat, i.e. located 6 metres in one direction and 7 metres in the other and 3 meters opposite my flat (literally - happy to provide photos).  So in the event it comes back as scenario #1, I'm hoping there is a way to challenge it.
Now given the uncertain timelines, can I get ADSL in the interim and then move to FTTP when the records have been fixed?  At the moment, my account shows that ADSL is being provided on my old phone number - is there any way this could be moved to my new telephone number?
I'm in a situation where, to get internet access, I'm unable to place a fiber order with any ISP.  I'd rather get internet up and running while this is being sorted (I can't even imagine going from 330Mbps FTTP trial to the 5.6Mbps my ADSL line supports!).  However, I'm exhausting my mobile phone data usage via tethering and need a viable alternative.
Would you propose a different route?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Adam.  I believe it has to be scenario #2

I'd like to think so but we'll need to wait for the facts to come in before we'll be able to know which one will be the case for sure.
With regards to setting up an ADSL connection in the interim we certainly can do that, there would however be an activation fee of £40 involved but if you're OK with that I can make sure we get the ball rolling with that today for you, that should take a 7-10 days to arrange.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team