Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Fibre line down - Openreach slow to repair

FIXED
PreGP
Rising Star

FTTP Fibre line down - Openreach slow to repair

Just thought I'd post on this forum as I'm getting increasingly frustrated.  On 13th Nov a car crashed into the telegraph pole outside our house taking our overhead fibre line out. I informed both Plusnet and Openreach about the accident  the next day and checked up three weeks later with Plusnet that they had the fault on their records which they did. Three other properties are connected to the same pole and Openreach have come on three separate occasions - firstly to replace the damaged pole and on the other times to connect properties back up (one of which also has a FTTP line with BT). When repairing the most recent line I asked why openreach weren't fixing ours and was told "it's not on my job card" even though it was obvious there was a ragged broken fibre line hanging from our house. It seems we are still waiting for Openreach to get round to doing our line some 5 and a half weeks later. Can anyone at Plusnet confirm that Openreach have got a "job card" to repair our line and when it's likely to be done. We are still without fibre broadband and are relying on a 4G SIM Card with vodafone costing us £30 a month until it's fixed.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTP Fibre line down - Openreach slow to repair

Thanks for your post @PreGP 

I'm really sorry to see your FTTP service hasn't been working for some time. 

From what I can see when you rang us on the 25th November it doesn't look like we reported a fault to our suppliers, likely based on the ongoing work at the time.

I've raised a fault now but for us to get it across to Openreach, we'd need to arrange an engineer through a visit. 

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available? 

If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PreGP
Rising Star

Thanks Gandalf

I've left details of when an engineer can visit

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @PreGP 

I've booked the engineer visit and I've updated the ticket 220635700 with the appointment details.

Let me know how it goes though I'm not in the office tomorrow until Tuesday next week. 

Someone should be following things up with you as soon as we can after the visit. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@PreGP wrote:

Just thought I'd post on this forum as I'm getting increasingly frustrated.  On 13th Nov a car crashed into the telegraph pole outside our house taking our overhead fibre line out.

You don't seem to be having much luck with that pole @PreGP   Shocked

When I read your OP I thought to myself it was taking rather a long time to repair as I recalled you reporting it many moons ago.

When I checked, it turned out this is a repeat occurrence!

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/FTTP-overhead-fibre-brought-down-when-pole...

My commiserations for your lengthy loss of service ... again!

PreGP
Rising Star

Yep

Openreach need to put crash barriers around that pole!

PreGP
Rising Star

Thanks Gandalf for your help. Openreach arrived the next day and fixed it within a couple of hours so we are back up to 73Mps instead of 10... Should have posted on this forum weeks ago!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @PreGP 

I'm glad to see your service is back up and running now. I'm really sorry again for how long it'd taken to fix. 

Let me know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet