cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Exceeding Extra usage limit - options?

digitalfixer
Grafter

FTTP Exceeding Extra usage limit - options?

Hi, I have been taking part in the FTTP trial since November last year and whilst the service and speed have been excellent I now find that I have started to exceed the 60gb metered limit that the Extra package gives me. Whilst this is only the second month that I have exceeded the limit I have noticed that my usage is creeping up and that I am starting to not do things with the internet that I would like because I am worried about exceeding the usage limit.  For example watching things via BBC iplayer  that the new Internet connected TV allows. 
So what I am wondering is what are my options and what are the costs and any Minimum contract terms if I move or change packages?
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: FTTP Exceeding Extra usage limit - options?

I think you'd be best to give the Customer Options Team a ring on 0800 432 0200 option 7 weekdays 0900-1730  (free from landlines). See what they can offer. Make sure they understand you are on the FTTP. trial and not FTTC.
Edit: added option number
David
dasx199
Dabbler

I am also on the FTTP trial and had this problem. If you are exceeding the 60gb you can move to the fibre extra 120gb package and you won't be tied to the minimum term. You can always move back if need be. It's easiest to raise a ticket and ask for this. Unfortunately the plusnet billing system cannot handle changing packages mid billing cycle so your package won't change until your next billing date.
digitalfixer
Grafter

Well, raised a Ticket and I am now on the Fire Extra package with its 120GB allowance.  Does mean that it is now £21.49 a Month but dont have a problem with that as before it would have cost that much just going 6gb over the 60gb allowance
Only word of warning to anyone else who wants to change is make sure they remove the 18month miimum term change which occurs automatically.  Not a problem if you are on the FTTP trial to get it done but appears to be a manual process after the product switch which automatically changes the minimum term to 18months.