Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Adding Phone

FIXED
jimscott
Grafter

FTTP Adding Phone

Hi,
We have FTTP installed and it has been working as expected for months now. But, when we had FTTP installed we had the landline taken away. We are starting to miss having a landline now and wondering what our options are for adding one back in. I am not looking for another copper BT line but some kind of VOIP with a physical phone?

And ideas?
Jim
2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: FTTP Adding Phone

Fix

@jimscott

I few of us on the FTTP Trial use Sipgate Basic VoIP service which is a pay as you go provider with a free UK phone number from an exchange of your choice (normally). https://www.sipgatebasic.co.uk/ for more details.

So it will look like you have a local landline to everyone. (I have used £20 in  charges in 3 years with them so excellent value)

Now the hardware to use is where you need to decide. Some use an VoIP phone which just plugs into your router and others use an adaptor (called an ATA) to connect to a normal phone.

Look on Amazon searching for "voip ata" or "voip dect phone" to see what the price range is like. And also to get a feel for the various products.

Then please feel free to ask back here when you have a feel for what you want.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jimscott
Grafter

Re: FTTP Adding Phone

Thank you. I was looking at sipgate. I will look at anazon. Like you suggest.

Cheers.