Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC trial a write off now?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC trial a write off now?

Hi, the regrade may have gone through so by all means give it a go and see if you get the increased upstream. We just need to wait for our provisioning team to action the open ticket for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
johnboy999
Dabbler

"Unfortunately, our suppliers have advised us that the order is still stuck on the system and a bridge case has been raised with their software team to remove it. They've advised me that the next review date for this will be 06/05/11 so we'll be back in touch with them then if we haven't heard anything back.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 6th May at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the Products - Fibre Trials until this time."

6th of may?Huh
weeks and weeks to regrade to reverse a situation that should not have happened in the first place.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi johnboy999,
Sadly when there is an order stuck in this case we can only wait and follow procedure. I think we've covered the reason for it not happening in the first place earlier in the thread. What you have to remember is, though, we don't set out to make customers unhappy, it's just unfortunate how this has happened.
Jojo Smiley
johnboy999
Dabbler

Well after a month of waiting finally the regrade goes through.
There was me waiting with some trepidation for the promised degradation in downstream if they actually gave me the advertised upstream cap. After all, apparently the unannounced cap was for my own benefit, not theirs.
Well they were right, sort of, big difference in my upstream. It's gone up to 31mbps. So much for capping upstream for the sake of my downstream service.
And upstream - well apparently my upstream was capped because it was under 6mbps (5.9) and they do this to everyone (without telling them).
My actual upstream is currently over 8mbps.
So commercial decision or capped for the quality of my service?  I know what I think.
WWWombat
Grafter

Haha  Crazy
I'm glad the bridge case seems to have had an effect... I'm still waiting, and our bridge case is due to expire today.
Hopefully the order will then go through...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

WWWombat,
I'm back on the case with chasing this for you. I've taken ownership of this as it looks like some deal of pushing back with our suppliers may need to happen.
I shall keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@WWWombat Just left you a ticket and a voice mail. Just waiting for an old order to be cancelled (the process of which I have just put a rocket underneath of so to speak!) and once that's done I'll raise a new one and contact you to arrange the appointment.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to follow up, our suppliers are working today to clear off the old order which is obstructing us from raising a new one. I'll try calling you again when that's done and I can raise a new order.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
WWWombat
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
We were away for the weekend, hence the lack of replies here. But will enjoy seeing a rocket uner BT somewhere  Cool
Plusnet Customer
WWWombat
Grafter

I was just chatting to an OpenReach engineer at the DP outside the house, who was installing FTTC for the next-door neighbour, and has done a couple around the corner. I guess that means that the system isn't baulked because of the local cabinet/exchange... must just be our line  Cry
The good news is that they were getting sync speeds of 40/10, compared to the estimates of 30.1/6.2.
So we just need to keep sending rockets...  Roll_eyes
Plusnet Customer