cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - still slow from new install on Friday

citruszest
Dabbler

FTTC - still slow from new install on Friday

Any chance  someone from plusnet can look at this please?  I have been posting a few times about this and haven't had an answer to my ticket.
Engineer who did the FTTC install told me I am capable of full speed but as of yet have had poor speed tests
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: FTTC - still slow from new install on Friday

Your plusnet profile has probably not been set for FTTC yet (it needs to be set to 20Mbs). Did you try ringing support to get it changed?
mxs
Grafter

That ping on your speedtest result seems to be extremely high for a 'local' server (for comparism mine is 11ms - 160+ is something I would usually expect to see for a mid/west coast US server).
Are you sure nothing else was using the connection when you did the test?  A higher than expected ping rate can be indicative of something using the connection pretty heavily (usually something that fires off multiple connections).
Assuming the test was the only thing running I would suspect your exchange is congested or there is some other issue with the line.
citruszest
Dabbler

Thanks -  I phoned customer support there and they said my profile is fine and everything looks ok at their end.
I have to do a few more speed tests for them which I will do when I get home later and post them on my ticker.
As to the ping I am in Northern Ireland and wasn't doing anything else at the time so perhaps it was just a busy server.  I have got up as high as 20mbs download on other tests but the engineer who did the install said I was testing at full speed so 8mbs last night was way below my expectations of FTTC.
citruszest
Dabbler

it is much better now - thanks plusnet