cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC product

leng
Grafter

FTTC product

BT have now enabled my local cabinet and I am very interested in moving to FTTC.  This leaves me in something of a dilemma.  Do I
1. move to BT Infinity, taking the inconvenience of a new IP/address/email whatever but gaining a fully supported service with defined cost and T&Cs
2. stay with PlusNet, thus keeping all my existing account stuff, but having no real idea of the final cost and conditions and no guarantee that I can transfer out of the trial if I need to.
3. wait.
Do we have any idea at all when PlusNet will be offering an FTTC product as opposed to the current trial?
3 REPLIES 3
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTC product

We're intending to bring the trial to a close soon (we'll be announcing the date shortly). Anyone that applies to go on the trial and can get FTTC before we close the trial will be able to stay on their existing product and price for as long as you like. Once the trial ends then we will begin charging for FTTC for new people going on FTTC.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
leng
Grafter

Well, you can't say fairer than that.  Thanks for the prompt reply ... I'll get my trial application in hand.
andybrit

Just a friendly word of advice - Plusnet really need to pull their finger out and announce their commercial offer to the market asap on this one.
BT have also upgraded my local cabinet and I'm getting flyers through the mail urging me to upgrade from just £7.49 for the first 3 months.  When I looked into it there are other costs on top + an 18 month contract, but the point is that I'm a happy customer and yet I was still tempted to have a close look at it (and am still actually quite tempted to switch).
As I understand it, Openreach/BT Wholesale can't be offering preferential terms to BT Retail, which means the only reason Plusnet aren't already offering a similar product is that you've been slower to react to this wholesale product coming to market.
This is a dangerous position for you to be in, especially when you've got a competitor like BT Retail with their considerable marketing muscle trying to poach your customers.