Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC now installed !!

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTC now installed !!

TonyC I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm back in, could well be something from before the ADSL fault, if it's the copper between the cab and you that's got a problem then it would carry over to FTTC. For the speed I would recommend a reboot of both the BT modem and your router like I suggest to bluewhale and see what difference that makes.

daveplus - cool Smiley
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
bluewhale
Rising Star

Quote from: dave
I would recommend a reboot of both the BT modem and your router like I suggest to bluewhale and see what difference that makes.

but why would that help and why does it all go back to normal the next day, it's clearly something that is time of day dependant.
to be quite frank asking me to reboot is just the same as 'is it plugged in, have you turned in off and on again'
it's not helpful and it doesn't tell us what is going on
TonyC
Grafter

Roger that Dave,
For info: Looking at my router logs, I havent had a disconnect since midday wedensday. With the 21000 line speed cap that CS put me on, I haven't seen any real speed drop like I had the first night and it's been maintaining a 19.77 Mb/s and 7.55 Mb/s speed pretty consistently.
Obviously though, that 21000 cap is limiting the connection to 2/3rds of the available speed so if it could be bumper back up that would be great.
I might be able to see then if a solid cap helps the connection & consistent speed then Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Tony - profile's changed back, you may need to disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect.
Your line's in sync as below:
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 35.472 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
so not quite the maximum speed up but not far off. It did sync at 40Mbps at one point but there were 90 resyncs in a very brief period from what I can see in the tests and it has sync'd a some lower rates as well which I think accounts for the 250kbps profile. I can't see the SNR or line profile for the line but reading between the lines on the test results I think that the line saw some instability, sync'd briefly below 512kbps in that period of 90 retrains. There are 2 period in the RADIUS logs where you were offline for 10 or 15 minutes which could be when it happened. I think from there that DLM has kicked in and upped the SNR on the line and decreased the sync speed slightly (40 - 35Mbps).
FTTC does still have a 10 day training period like ADSL does so this behaviour isn't unexpected, I've not seen one before like this on FTTC (have many times on ADSL) but we have only got 150 of you on FTTC. I'd see how it behaves over the next few days.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
TonyC
Grafter

Thanks Dave,
atm the connection looks solid, and i am not experiencing any speed drops in the evening now as I did the first evening. I seem to (for the whole) be getting a consistent 32 - 33 Mbps download and 7 - 8 Mbps upload
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Excellent, that's good to hear. I suspect it was down to the line sync'ing too high which will have caused the drop outs and with FTTC not using interleaving by default errors on the line which is probably what impacted the speed.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology