cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC in Chelmsford ?

mal0z
Grafter

FTTC in Chelmsford ?

Sorry for being lazy, and not looking it up - but as my sister lives in Chelmsford in Essex, and i see that SamKnows lists chelmsford as FTTC enabled, does anyone know what progress they have at rolling it out in the town?
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: FTTC in Chelmsford ?

John Hulls is on the trial, so it is active
hulls
Grafter

Hi
Yes, I've been on the trial for a few weeks, and it's been working fine.  The boxes at the end of my road were installed a month or so before I asked about the trial (and I'd had a BT mailshot offering BT Infinity), so I was pretty sure we were live.  I have friends on the Broomfield exchange, and I don't think FTTC is available for them yet, so it does depend on the exchange.
John
mal0z
Grafter

Thanks pierre ( i knew you would answer  Wink ) and John -  very interesting. I spent three weeks with my sister in August and didn't see any signs of it in Chelmsford - what do the cabinets look like. I've not taken much interest to date as it's not up here.
I'm planning to move back to town in the new year - so will move my PN account down and so I'd be interested in hearing which parts of town are done or being done.
Are there any websites which detail the roll out in town please, save m bothering you.
I presume it's just the main Chelmsford exchange by the cathedral .
Mal
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Taller than the old cabinets, brighter green and lots of cooling slots, often next to or near an old one
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the main and sub areas are shown here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_mapping
info on cabinet her http://www.trefor.net/tag/fttc-cabinet-photo/
mal0z
Grafter

Thanks John
hulls
Grafter

Said all that without moving my finger  Grin Thanks Pierre.
I'm in Baddow, and the end of Meadgate Avenue has sprouted at least 3 new boxes for some reason, but Pierre's right.  They're slightly narrower and taller, and more modern looking that the old BT type boxes.
It seems to be working well so far.
John
mal0z
Grafter

Opps - sorry guys - thank the wrong person !!!.
I've sent my sister the pictures and asked to look out for them!